8. There For You

Ian's POV:
So all this time, he's been an idiot with her? How dare he. Deep in thought, I failed to hear the door bell and knocks. "Hide in the balcony." The lady said as she disposed of our glasses. And so we did. We went to the balcony and stood on the blind spots.
"Hello miss, by any chance did two men come in here?" I heard Scott say. "You are friends, right?" She asked. "Indeed." He replied. The next thing I heard was the door being shut.
"You can come out now." She announced. I popped the doors open and ran towards her. "Let's go home, yeah?" I whispered to her. She nodded and grabbed her luggage. "Misses Lim, I thank you for your hospitality and time, but if you could please excuse me..." I pleaded.
"Go right ahead. I'll pack lunch for you, don't worry. This is your house in case you need anything, alright dear?" She said with a soft smile. She kinda reminded me of mother. Because she was that homely.
"I deeply appreciate it. Scott, Jimmy, I'll be in my studio." I said before they nodded. And so, we left.
   "What did she tell you?" She asked lowly. "What she heard and saw." I replied. She nodded and hummed. We continued walking until we got to the elevator. We entered and continued down in silence. The tension was so thick one could slice it with a butter knife.
   "I'm so-" "Don't." I blurted out. "Just don't. It wasn't your fault." I said. She nodded and the doors opened. We exited and went straight for the building exit.
   "You alright?" She asked. "To drive?" I asked, to which she nodded. "Yeah." I said. And so, we got to my car and she sat in the back seat.
   "That's not your spot." I said as I put her luggage in the trunk. "I don't think you want me to sit next to you after what I did." She said. "You did nothing." I said. "Exactly. I didn't even try." She said hugging herself. I closed the trunk and went to her. I opened the door and embraced her.
   "Don't say that. There was nothing you could do. He snapped suddenly. We had no control over it. Don't blame yourself for something you had no control over." I said. She sniffed and it broke me. Of course, I had to be strong. For her.
   "Wipe those tears off. You're too pretty to cry over some bum." I said as I handed her a tissue and wiped her tears. She chuckled at my comment and caressed my cheek. "Thank you, Christian. I mean it." And so, I now felt a bigger urge to protect her. After all, it was the least I could do. 
   "Would you sit with me up front?" I asked. "Why?" She asked with a soft smile. "Because it's your spot and it would make me really happy." I said tucking the stands of hair behind her ear.
   "Alright. But, I'm sorry to ask, can we grab some food on the way?" She shyly asked. "You don't even have to ask. C'mon. Upfront you go, love." I said with a gentle smile.
   And so, we left the place that felt like tears. House of doom, one could say. "Chris?" She said as I drove. "Yes?" I replied briefly glancing at her.
   "Mom and Dad never liked him." She said. "Wonder why." I mumbled. She laughed and hit my arm. "What? He's an ass." I said putting a hand up in surrender. She nodded and sighed.
   "I missed you. Truly." She said with a small laugh. "It's been hell without you. I haven't had a good time in a long while." She went on.
   "Well, now you're here. And I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon." I said in her direction. "Thank heavens." She said with a smile.
   "I would, however, like to have a conversation with you. It doesn't have to be today, though." I said. "What is it about?" she asked. "About him." I said. "Ask away." she said.
    "You sure?" I said side glancing at her. "It's better if I can get the topic out of the way at once." She stated. Typical of her.
   "Okay." I said pausing momentarily. "Why'd you decide to date him?" I asked. "Okay... Very straightforward as always I see. Um... Because he used social pressure." She said. "What now?" I said as I hit on the brakes. "Christian!" she scolded. "What exactly did he do?" I asked as I turned to her. "Can you drive?" She said. "Speak." I said. As I was being stubborn, she rolled her eyes and sighed. 
    "He asked me out in front of a group of friends while we were at the mall." She rambled. "So, he knew he would get a yes out of me, for sure." She said. I just nodded. I was truly in disbelief. This wasn't my best mate. This wasn't even the same person.
    "But you wanna know why he did it?" She went on. "What?" I asked confused. "He knew." She said. "He knew what?" I asked as I furrowed my brows. "He knew he didn't stand a chance if he asked in private." She said.
   "Well, why wouldn't he? Didn't you like him?" I asked, a bit fuzzy minded. "You never catch it when it's thrown at you." She said with a laugh.
   "What? Seriously, tell me." I said. "Just drive, Chris. I'm starving." She replied. "Not until you tell me." I said as I started the car. "Stubborn as always." She said with an eye roll.
   "You still love me like this though." I said teasingly. "You're right." She said before cupping my face. She brought our faces near and just when I thought our love would meet she spoke.
   "And I wouldn't want it any other way." She said before our love met.

3rd P. POV:
The love that should've flourished has now met. Will their love connect? Or will they be tangled up in a messy net? Nothing's as beautiful as the wonderful scent. For now, they will never lament.