Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (17)

Chapter 17

I got on a carriage to the east 2 days after I was permitted to leave. Father sent me a personal knight of his, Emmanuel and he sent Libbe to accompany me as well.

Oh, and Vaughn too, since he was sent to me by Mikhail himself. I sent a letter to him a day before I left, and immediately sent me a reply saying,

'I'll be sending Vaughn to go alongside you to the east. He knows it best there since he is a local citizen of the east.'

And so, here he was with us.

"I'm glad that the marquis permitted you to go, m'lady." Said Libbe who was sitting beside me in the carriage.

"It took me a lot of convincing, and a lot of answers." Since he kept asking me too many questions.

It was a surprise to me that my father let me go to the east without him. After all, this is my deceased mother's hometown.

My mother who died when I was very young, to the point wherein I didn't even remember her face, was a trauma to my father for all I know. No one would tell me how she died or why did her death caused trauma to my father, so up till now, I still don't know anything about my mother, other than her name, her hometown and that's all.

"We have arrived m'lady." I got off the carriage as soon as we arrived at the east.

The east part of the Empire is called 'Thoir' that is the third richest nation in the empire. Thoir is often called a second-world nation.

"Should we book for a hotel first, m'lady?" Libbe alongside Emmanuel asked.

"I have to go to this place first," I said while looking at the map my father gave me. Since not only that the east is large, but they have a large number of citizens, as in... many people are wandering the streets right now, unlike the north.

It'll be a pain to get lost.

"Where shall we go m'lady? I shall accompany you." Said, Emmanuel.

"Me too, m'lady!" Libbe added.

Ribiscuss Rebound, the now-abandoned compartment was said to be located at a subdivision near the river. But on which river is it?!

I glanced sideways at Vaughn who was beside me, minding his own business, his mind must be floating.

And that's when I forgot that the reason why Vaughn is with us now is that Mikhail sent him because he was a local citizen of the east. Of course, he would know the places and directions in this place!

I cleared my throat before interrupting his floating thoughts. "Hey, Vaughn... do you know where Ribiscuss Rebound is located?"