Chapter 2

Tony was curious, but something told him he would only get a stroppy answer, so he dropped it. "So, what powers do you possess then?" he asked instead.

If they were imprisoned together, they might as well just talk.

Loki raised an eyebrow:

"Really. You want me to tell you that? What if, after we get out of here, our paths cross as opponents again?"

Tony grinned:

"Well, your brother is still on our team, you know? I don't think it's exactly a secret, I'm just trying to have a conversation here."

"A conversation?" Loki lifted his shoulders, "well, if you insist. I'm a shapeshifter, but I think you already know that..."

"Oh, so you can't just change your clothes with your green light?"

Loki gave Tony an annoyed look.

"Don't interrupt me, or this conversation will be over."

Tony lifted his hands. His shackles and chains rattled gently:

"Hint received."

"Good. So, no, it's not only my wardrobe I can change. I can change my entire appearance. I have telekinetic powers, I can morph things into other things. I can duplicate illusions of myself and conjure things out of thin air."

"That's... a lot," Tony said, sounding impressed. Of course he had known that Loki was powerful. Or rather, he had assumed it, because he knew his brother. But with as many magical tricks up his sleeve as he had just told him about, Loki was both: very strong and interesting. For some reason, rather than being intimidated by it, Tony was curious and wanted to get to know the other man better.

Loki shrugged his shoulders. "With my sceptre, I could do even more. Such a wonderful thing. A well-balanced weapon which, amongst other things, gave me the power to gain control over other people, which was useful in every case but one."
He shot Tony a long gaze. "Care to tell me why?"

Tony nodded and then pulled his shirt up, revealing the arc reactor.

Loki was taken aback by the sudden view of the other man's toned torso but then focused on the bright blue thing in his chest. His hand twitched and for a second, it looked like he would reach out and touch Tony's chest, but then seemed to stop himself before doing so. Instead, he simply stated:
"This is interesting. What is it?"

"Just an arc reactor. I have some shrapnel in my chest and without this, they'll wander into my heart and kill me" Tony explained as if it was no big deal.

"So, this thing is keeping you alive?" Loki asked.

"Yes. Also, it probably blocked your sceptre's power, so no influencing me" Tony returned.

"Did you build it?"

"Yeah, but the general idea of arc reactors comes from my father," Tony replied truthfully. He shrugged. "At least this way he helped me." Tony looked down at the reactor. "For once" he added, a little quieter.

Loki furrowed his brows when he heard the sadness in Tony's voice. "Sooooo...Daddy issues?" He wanted it to sound more like a joke, but at the same time he was interested. It felt good to talk to Tony.

The smaller man looked at Loki for a moment.

Right now, the black-haired man's face was relaxed and he looked at Tony with an open gaze. His face showed not even a hint of the madness that had glistened in his eyes on Shield's flying aircraft carrier. Or when they had talked and ultimately fought on the top floor of Stark Tower. Although, you couldn't really call it a fight, since Loki simply had thrown Tony straight out of a window.