Chapter 3

"Nafise Hanim, a woman named Fatma is in front of your doors. She says she wants to see you," Maryam said to me and I immediately knew this was Fatma Sultan, Mustafa's concubine Mahidevran Sultana has talked to me about.

"So she already wants to meet me," I laughed as I didn't expect that I will have to meet her already at the begining, before even meeting my future husband Mustafa.

"Obviously she is jealous and don't even want a marriage to happen," Maryam said and laughed.

"Let her in, I want to see what she wants," I said and Maryam signalised to maids to let Fatma inside.

Funny fact was that she was Sultana of this Palace and she still needed my consent to enter my chambers.

"So you are Nafise Hanim, daughter of Persian Shah and future wife of Prince Mustafa?" Fatma asked me seriously as she entered my chambers and walked all the way to me. I saw so much jealousy in her eyes and it could he heard in her tone of voice.

"I am, you don't even have to ask when you knew everything about me before I walked into this Palace," I said to her.

"I want to present you myself. My name is Fatma, Fatma Sultan. Consier of Prince Mustafa and mother to his heir and only son Prince Suleyman. I am Sultana of this Palace and as you are new you should already learn the rules you have to bow to me and respect me because I am at higher place than you are," Fatma said slowly raising her head proudly thinking I would stand up and bow to her.

"I respect the fact that you are Sultana, but I am also a Princess. You and I aren't ranked the same way, and you know that very well," I said even though I didn't like to be bitchy about my title, but in front of people like her those were only words that could place them back to earth.

 You and I aren't ranked the same way, and you know that very well," I said even though I didn't like to be bitchy about my title, but in front of people like her those were only words that could place them back to earth

"You are princess of the enemies. You aren't our princess and because of that I won't have respect towards you," Fatma started being agressive and got very high on my nerves.

I knew she said all of this just because she was jealous I will have to marry a man she loves, but this wasn't how she should act.

"You are telling this only to me because you know I will marry a man you love with your whole heart. Instead of threating me here and showing zero respect, you should be with him and spend more time. You know, he wouldn't be happy for sure if he would know you behave like this," I said to her in a calm tone which made her even more angry. She had so much anger in her eyes.

"No, I am not jealous because I know Mustafa doesn't want this marriage, and I know you don't want it too. So I came here to offer you something," Fatma said.

"What can you offer me please," I said to her in sarcastic tone and Maryam laughed together with me. But Fatma was serious about this.

"I am more influential than you think, I will help you to return to Persia. I will call my most loyal men who will send you back to Persia and you would divorce from Mustafa, or actually marriage wouldn't even take place," Fatma said being really happy about her plan.