Chapter 16: Roses and Teacups

Start from the beginning

The crowd cheered in response with excitement in the air.

"Then follow me!" Piper told them with a smirk before he began to spin the records for them to play some real music.

Evie gave a small smile to Piper as Magda, Amalie, and Scarlet continued to sit and watch while hanging around with each other. It seemed to be a great night for all of them so far, though the same couldn't be said for a certain florist of Storybrooke.

Mr. Gold was shown to be driving the rose van from earlier with Moe tied up and gagged in the backseat. He soon took the van over to a cabin in the woods which once, unknown to everyone in Storybrooke, belonged to Dee Dee until she had been hanging around Sister Astrid lately who seemed very willing to adopt the young aspiring ballerina.

Soon, Mr. Gold got up and out of the van and opened the backdoors, pointing the gun to his hostage in the back. "Walk." he then demanded firmly.

Moe soon stumbled out of the van, looking very fearful for his life as he did what Mr. Gold said for his own protection.

"You see, here's the thing; I don't normally let people get away." Mr. Gold then told the other man as he led him into the cabin to have a little chat.

Back at Storybrooke High, the party was still bouncing and everybody seemed to be having a good time so far. Chad was shown to be sitting at one table as about three girls were standing beside him, taking in the sights of him very wonderfully. Evie took a look at her rose and the tag, wondering who could've sent the rose and not to mention the Valentine's Day poem as she knew it couldn't have been Chad, especially since he had company.

"Oh, hey! Evie!" Ben called out as he stepped over.

"Huh?" Evie blinked before looking over. "Oh! Ben! Hi." she then smiled at her old friend from early childhood.

"Evie," Ben smiled as he walked over and stood up beside Evie once the girl stood up and he saw the rose and the tag. "Oh. Do you like the rose that Doug gave you?"

"Doug?" Evie then asked with narrowed eyes once she had an idea of who was really behind this and not Chad.

"Carlos said he saw Doug writing that gift tag and Doug accidentally dropped the pen and spilled ink all over the card," Ben explained calmly. "Also, I was going to give that rose to the hospital after school, but I thought he could use it more than me."

"That's funny..." Evie said with a small smirk even though she was slowly starting to put 2 and 2 together. "I did see Doug with a Valentine not too long ago and trying to hide it."

"Yeah... What does that tell you?" Ben smiled innocently. "He really should've asked a friend to help him out, who do you think gave those to you?"

"Chad, but I knew he couldn't have done it..." Evie replied. "Chad is charmless if anything, no matter what everybody else in school thinks."

"People change as they grow older, I guess," Ben shrugged before he saw Magda, Amalie, and Scarlet blindly ogling him. "Erm... Hello there, ladies." he then greeted.

"Hi, Ben~..." Magda, Amalie, and Scarlet grinned hopefully.

"Evie... Do you, like, know Ben personally or something?" Scarlet spoke up.

"Um... Uh... Yeah, totally!" Evie replied, trying to talk like the other girls now even if it made her feel sick to her stomach. "#Totes."

"Ugh... Hashtags..." Ben groaned and rolled his eyes before looking over. "Evie, why are you talking like that? You hate hashtags."

"Erm... Uh... Not now, Ben..." Evie then said. "I have someone to expose and give the courage to own up what happened."

"Oh... Okay... I was hoping maybe you could help me with something or that we could hang out?" Ben began to suggest. "Ya know... Like old times?"