Chapter 16: Roses and Teacups

Soon, it was party time in Storybrooke High. There were plenty of treats such as the famous punch bowl, heart-shaped cakes, and cupcakes, as well as chips, pretzels, and Trail Mix. The students entered the party as light music was playing before the lights would flash or go out for official party time. Ben soon made it over with a small smile, unaware of what his father would be doing that evening. Students were checked at the door before they would come inside so that no one who wasn't allowed in wouldn't be let in. Evie rubbed her arm as she came into the party and looked around to see her peers together as the DJ played up a storm for all of them.

"Evie! Over here!" A voice called out.

Evie looked over as she followed the sound and couldn't believe what she just heard and witnessed. Magda was actually calling to her and talking to her as she sat with Scarlet and Amalie. "Magda? You're actually talking to me?" she then asked as she stepped over.

"Well, sure," Magda smirked. "You just seemed like you could use someone to talk to. You can be an honorary member of our table if you want."

"Wait... You mean... I can sit with you guys?" Evie asked hopefully.

"Well, sure, as long as you don't screw things up," Magda replied. "Besides, you don't seem to have very many friends."

"Not really..." Evie said with a low pout. "I'm not sure why or how... We all used to be friends when we were little, but it just seems like after a while, we all grew up and drifted apart from each other."

"Oh, poo... Well, I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy the party." Magda smirked.

"Yeah... This does seem to be an excellent party so far..." Evie said with a small smile before she sat down with The Pinkettes, feeling like a dream of hers was coming true.

"Yes, as long as there are frogs that can be turned into frogs." Magda agreed with a chuckle as Scarlet and Amalie joined her.

Amalie then blinked after a few moments. "Wait. I'm confused," she then said. "Why would we want to kiss frogs?"

Scarlet groaned and face-palmed.

"It's an expression, Amalie," Magda stated thickly. "We're just going to find cute boys to dance with and kiss... Like Chad Herman~"

"Chad is the best~" Scarlet added dreamily. "He's so charming~"

"Ohh... Okay... Yeah!" Amalie then quickly added with a small smile. "They should call him Chad Charming."

Evie rolled her eyes slightly, not really in the mood to talk about Chad that way after what he did to her, but she didn't say anything. That might ruin her chances to hang out with The Pinkettes like she had always wanted.

"Great party either way," Evie then said. "I guess Piper's a great DJ."

"Oh, is that who that is?" Magda smirked. "How very interesting at least. I thought only mice liked his music." she then laughed a little.

"Hey now, Piper's a good DJ," Evie defended. "I've heard him play pretty nice music in class with his flute."

"Hm... Quite..." Magda replied quietly then as Evie seemed to contradict her. "Besides, what kind of name for a boy is Piper?"

Amalie and Scarlet then laughed while Evie blinked at how mean Magda was being while Amalie and Scarlet were going along with it.

"Yo, yo! What up, mice?!" The boy who was known as Piper called out as he soon came up to the microphone while the other students cheered for him during the music. "Ready for me to drop some Valentine's Day tunes?"