Chapter 1

Charles is walking. He is walking with a suitcase in one hand, and his phone in the other. On the other end of the phone, his sister, Raven, is talking at a speed he can barely follow. She is talking, and talking, and talking about her friend. "Oh, Charles, he's so cool. He's polite, just like you. He looks older than he is, just like you, and he talkes like an old fart, JUST LIKE YOU! You HAVE to meet this guy. You guys have a LOT in common." Charles chuckles to his spastic sister, while shaking his head. " Slow down, Raven. I know I'm a professor, but I'm not a very fast one." She scoffed at the other end. "You got that right." He laughed once more, before turning the corner. "Look, I have to go." Her voice suddenly sounded a bit panicked and yet sad. "Oooh. But I'm not done talking." Charles laughed threw the words while turning to te door of the book store. "Raven. I have to go. I'll talk to you later, okay?" She sighted dramatically annoying threw the device "Fiiiiine. Bye" He put the iphone back in the pocket of his tweed jacket, and pushed the glass door open. He looked over the store, over every yellow bookshelf, reading every green letter, before walking over to a shelf near the door saying, "Popular Books ." He dragged his fingers over the books, trying to find that one he was looking for. He dragged out a blue book with the writing, "The Fault In Our Stars". His fingertips danced over the black letters of the books. He turned it around to read on the backside, to make sure this was the book his sister was talking about. "May I help you?" Charles jumped and nearly lost the book by the sound of the voice behind him. He turned around and was met by a tall man with glowing green eyes, and a smile dancing light at his lips. He was wearing a blue shirt as the rest of the worker there was wearing, but it was sitting slightly tighter on him, leaving little to the imagination. Charles heart started pounding. Fast. Faster than he's used to. He had never felt this way. He had never felt this way for a man like this one before. Charles, without noticing, let his tongue slide quick over his pink lip, while his innocent baby blue eyes was observing the man from top to toe. The man raised an eyebrow at Charles, who quickly snapped back to reality. "No, sorry. I, em, got everything under control here." He gave the tall stranger a quick yet warm smile while showing him the book. He read the title before looking suspicious at Charles. "The Fault in our Stars doesn't exactly look like a book a man in tweed would be interesting in reading." His voice was dark and smooth. Yet slightly harsh. Charles let out a light chuckle. "I hardly think that a a 21 year old teacher would be classified as a man. No, its for my sister. She can't stop talking about it." The green eyed man gave him an approving smile. It looked like a shark grin. It looked a bit weird, a bit scary. But Charles didn't mind. He, for one, thought it was cute. The tall stranger quickly closed his mouth and looked at the book. "Is there anything else you're looking for?" Charles shock his head and gave him a kind smile. "No. That will be all." The man gently took the book out of Charles' grip, letting it slide threw his fingers, before walking to the disk. Charles sheepishly followed after, while tugging out his wallet from his brown trousers pockets. The man put the book in a plastic bag and handed it to Charles. Charles gave the man the money, whom gave him the change back. Charles walked to the door. The man yelled after him, "Welcome again." Charles turned around and shot him a fond smile before replying, "Thank you." and closed the door behind him. He rounded the corner, the windows to the bookstore. As soon as he had passed all the windows, he grabbed his heart and let out a long breath, looking up at the sky. His heart still pounding, and his breath shaky. He HAD to see him again. He didn't know what it was with him. He NEVER falls for a man just by his looks. He can find them attractive, yes, but it doesn't mean he falls in love with them. He's better than that. He had to meet him again. He grabbed his phone and texted Raven immediately. What Charles didn't know, was that the tall stranger was doing the exact same thing.