Chapter 26: New Friends

Start from the beginning

"Yeah!" the pups exclaimed.

"We'll love to play with you two," said Hodari.

"Yeah, all of our games are fun," said Nya.

"Well, we could play every day, but our ma has been training us a lot," Omari explained, "Lela's going to be a future matriarch while the both of us will have to learn how to track for food, fight, and hunting."

"We understand. But whenever you're not busy, ask your mom if you can come and visit us," said Nama.

"We will," Lela replies.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" said Azuli, "Let's go to the tall grasses and play!"

The cubs and pups ran out of pride rock but were stopped by Kovu, Kiara, and Jamya.

"And where do you all think you're going?" Kovu questioned.

"We're just going to the tall grasses, dad," said Faraji.

"Ok, everyone. And Timon and Pumbaa will be coming with you," said Kiara, much to the youngsters' dismay.

"Awwww,"

"Aren't we old enough to go to the tall grasses by ourselves?" asked Bohari.

"The tall grasses are almost close to the borders. Anything can happen to you all," said Jamya.

"Jamya's right. You all need someone to watch you if you want to play near the borders. So Timon and Pumbaa will be watching you, or you all will stay here and not go anywhere for the rest of the day," Kiara explained, "Which one it's going to be?"

"Fine, we'll have them to come with us," Kali sighed as she and the others went to search for Timon and Pumbaa.

"And come back before sundown!" Kovu called out.

"We will!"

Meanwhile, Timon and Pumbaa were at the watering hole, stuffing their faces with many insects that they could eat. Other animals around them looked in disgust, while others found it amusing to see the pair gorging down on many bugs.

"Mmm, I tell ya, Pumbaa," said Timon, swallowing down some bugs, "This smorgasbord we found is delicious."

Pumbaa slurped up a worm in one gulp, "You said it, buddy," he said before letting out a loud belch, "Better than the ones back home."

"How could they be some better than the ones back at the oasis?" Timon asked.

"They have good flavor and taste," Pumbaa answered.

"I guess you're right. The pride lands have better tasting bugs than our home,"

"Timon! Pumbaa! Over here!" Chaka called the duo.

They stopped eating and walked over to the cubs and pups, "Omari, Lela, meet Timon and Pumbaa. Timon and Pumbaa, meet our new friends, Omari and Lela," Chaka introduced.

Upon seeing the two hyena pups, Timon screeched as he jumped onto Pumbaa's back, "Run, Pumbaa! Run!" Timon yelled, pulling on Pumbaa's ears. "Those two hyenas are going to have us for lunch!"

"Guys! Guys!" Nama yelled, "These hyenas pups aren't dangerous!"

"Yeah, right! No matter how big or small they are, they're still evil and greedy!" Timon yelled back as Pumbaa began to run away.

Neema ran faster than the duo as she caught up to them. Then she jumped in front of them, blocking their path and making Pumbaa skid to a halt, "Come on, you two! Our new friends won't hurt you!"