Chapter 26: New Friends

Start from the beginning

"Hi!" the twins greeted with smiles on their faces.

"My, you two are getting so big," said Kiara.

"Our ma said that we're getting big and strong every day," Omari claimed.

"I see. So which one of you will be a future leader to the clan?"

"It's me," said Lela, "Ma's been training me to be a hyena matriarch."

"That's wonderful. And I know when you grow up, you'll make your mother proud by becoming a great matriarch of your clan," said Kiara.

"Thanks, queen Kiara,"

"You're welcome, Lela,"

"Hey, pups. Why don't you find the cubs and make friends? They'll love to play with you," Jamya suggested.

"And don't worry; our pride knows about the hyena clan, and they won't try to hurt you," Kovu assured.

"Ok," the pups said as they ran into pride rock to search for the cubs.

Omari and Lela looked around as they saw many lions inside of the den. Some took notice of them as one of the lionesses began trotting towards them.

"Wow, look at all of the lions in here, sis," said Omari while looking around.

"I've never seen a pride so big like this before," Lela said in awe.

"Ah, you two must be our neighbors," a lioness said.

The pups turned around and saw a lioness looking down at them with a friendly smile, "We haven't seen you two around here before. Where have you come from?"

"Hi, we came from the hyena lands," said Lela before she introduced herself and her brother to the lioness, "My name's Lela, and this is my brother Omari."

"Hi, miss," said Omari.

"You two have such excellent manners," said the lioness, "And my name's Asante."

"Nice to meet you, miss Asante," they said.

"If you're looking for the cubs, they're over there playing," said Asante motioning over the cubs.

"Ok, thanks,"

"You're welcome,"

Omari and Lela ran over to the cubs as they were playing together. Aisha stopped as she and the others noticed two hyena pups inside pride rock.

"Who are they?" asked Tanabi.

"Beats me," said Nama.

"They're the hyena pups that live in the hyena lands," said Aisha.

"How did you know, Aisha?" asked Hofu.

"Mom and dad were talking about them before," she explained, "And I asked if they could come and visit us one day. And they said that their mother is busy with their training or something."

"Oh,"

"Hey, everyone," the hyena pups greeted.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you two. My name's Aisha, and these are my siblings, cousins, and friends, Chaka, Faraji, Nama, Neema, Nalia, Tanabi, Shani, Hofu, Kali, Kopa, Hodari, Azuli, Nya, Bohari, Jai, Jata, Cala, and Nadra," Aisha introduced her siblings, cousins, and friends as she pointed to them.

"It's nice to see you too; my name is Omari," said Omari.

"And I'm Lela," said Lela.

"Do you guys want to be our friend?" asked Bohari.