you couldn't help but wonder where you and jean's conversation and interaction would've gone if eren hadn't stepped in and started that stupid fight.

it was clear jean and eren has some dumb rivalry you couldn't care less to get in the middle of.

armin and eren were deep in conversation, eren sitting in the middle of the trio.

what was even more noticeable were the glances mikasa kept giving you.

it appeared every time you focused your attention back on the three, mikasa would dart her eyes away from you, as if she was already staring at you.

that would be followed by her whispering something to eren, eren almost scolding her, and armin chiming in.

you kept trying to make some sort of eye contact with her, but it was clear she was avoiding such.

literally what the fuck.

the sky was a pink, orange color from the sun setting, it was beautiful.

thankfully, the walk from the dining hall to the bunks wasn't far which was working out in your favor today considering how exhausted you were.

you and annie were bunk mates, an arrangement that was made before bertholdt's plan. you slept on the bottom bunk while annie occupied the top.

you were hoping annie would be in the mood to talk to you today. your annoyance over her partnering with bertholdt was fading away, however you still wanted to talk to her about it.

more importantly, you wanted to talk to her about jean and what happened today.

you know she wouldn't encourage anything, but she would't discourage anything either.

she'd just listen to you.

that's all you wanted right now.

you stepped inside of the bunks and they were noisy, as usual.

you were looking forward to changing out of the cadet uniform. when having it on it just felt like an uncomfortable costume.

when you looked down it just reminded you of the lie you were living.

you were on your way to you bunk, hoping to see annie as your eyes stayed glued to the ground.

all of the sudden, a familiar black haired girl stood in your way.

it was mikasa.

somehow, she looked even more intimidating than before. her eyes looked dead almost as she stared into your soul.

you immediately assumed she had some sort of problem with you and quite frankly, right now you could care less what it was

maybe she was actually upset you left her during training today.