::Chapter 54:: Forming the End

Start from the beginning

There was so much going on Percy rubbed his face while he sat in a study after having gone over so many documents. Too many it seemed. But everything needed to be done correctly or another problem arose. He didn't want to deal with more at the moment....

So far-it looked like they were winning. They were hunting down any family that could potentially be on Dumbledores beck and call.

Percy dealing with any monster camps that were sighted by mere accident. Becoming a main focal point instantly whenever he arrived at scenes to help. Winning each time an attack happened and he was able to get there on time.

Tom, Lucius, and Sirius Black were on the political side of the wizards going and setting things straight in the Wizarding world of Britain. The Wizenmagot were in for a good time with the three and the people that supported them. What they wanted-they got. That being the release of many Azkaban people. Ones that didn't get a proper trial-or were getting retrial after getting a purge. There was also other laws being obliterated-the creature laws-the muggle laws-the squib laws-just really they were creating a whole new government for the Wizarding world.

Speaking of creatures, Lupin-with Dobby, an elf that Harry had met awhile ago now-who he had inadvertently freed from Lucious' household and into his own-helped Remus Lupin with his adventures of getting creatures to come out. Going to old families that left because of creature inheritances-to vampires that lived off the blood candies. To the werewolf packs deep into forests where he learned more about himself as a werewolf-he was still hesitant in areas but he understood himself better he supposed. He stayed in contact with Sirius and Percy the most-with Dobbys help. But other then that he continued to recruit the creatures that wanted to be on their side.

All the while Severus protected the children of Hogwarts-he felt quite useless doing so sometimes-but as he watched them all during dinner he realized it was worth it-keeping them in the dark for now as it was best. No wizarding news reached here and he made sure the parents knew his plan to keep them in the dark of what was going on outside of school. No one left for Christmas break, or any breaks-though they complained they didn't refute. Some kids left-their parents worried for them and taking them out of school till it was safer even though Hogwarts was one of the safest places around. He also made sure they were being taught how to protect themselves by being the DADA for that year. Incorporating the spells that would kill Greek monsters.

Severus turned towards the Griffindor table where Harry was with Ron, Draco sat nearby looking bored. But they looked happy and unaware that their family was fighting outside the walls of Hogwarts. He knew for a fact Harry would be outraged when he found out and wasn't told. But this way they could have one more regular-as regular as could be of a school of magic-year of school.

But then things got difficult at one point-Hogwarts was attacked.

The booms sounded on the wards of the school. Bursts of bright magic against the shimmering walls scaring the younger years as Harry and Draco looked on with the rest with wide eyes. Wondering what's it all meant to see such a thing.

"Everyone inside the school!" Mcgonagal had spoken as she ushered the youngest inside- informing them when she could as she yelled at kids to get inside.

Harry went up to her. "What's going on?" He asked as he tried not to flinch at the large cracking boom against the wards. Ignoring how the bright color illuminated against Hogwarts.

"As you can see, we are under attack-go inside to Snape. He'll be wanting to talk to all the older years now while we get the 5th years and younger into a safe place." She spoke strictly.

Neville was already pushing ahead to where all the other older years were headed. Daphne and Blaise not far with Nott following with a frown. Luna and Hermione walked close together-hands linked with a frown marring the face of the Hufflepuff of the two. Harry's hand had found Draco's as they glanced at each other before hurrying faster.

They found themselves in the great hall with all the other older years. Severus was talking to Peeves-who looked to serious and made the situation that much more real to them.

Severus nodded before turning to everyone. He frowned at how small the group here was-they didn't expect them to attack Hogwarts. But he already contacted the rest and soon reinforcements should be there soon enough.

Harry let go of Draco's hand and walked over with a concerned look. "What's the plan?" He asked quietly to his parent.

Sighing he rubbed his eyes before he cleared his throat-all eyes on them. "We are under attack as you all saw outside-I do not know how long the wards will last with all the spells being blasted at it. It's been reinforced from the old ones to the new ones courteously by the one and only Percy Jackson-but that doesn't mean it's unbreachable-they can still get in if they wear it down enough. But this gives us time to plan-time for reinforcements to come. It seems they have decided that Hogwarts will be where the first-more like the main battle will be." He paused. Then he looked out at all of the kids-even if nearly adult by now-looked at him all with varying shades of fear. "You may not know this-maybe some of you still got info on what's been going on outside this entire year. But there's been a lot-battles-monsters and loss of life. People going missing taken from their homes. People being killed in their homes. The battles in the streets of Diagon-in the forests where they camped-to the Ministry attacks. We kept it from you so you'd have a regular year with all that's going on-but now it's time for the truth-there's a war going on. We here right now are the only defense we have-so until reinforcements come-we'll be making Hogwarts a battle ready arena that we will be the victors of. So without further ado-let's plan how to hold out." He spoke with conviction and immediately after he was finished he was given questions.

He was overwhelmed by it slightly.

"Hey! Don't crowd him-we have work to do." Harry spoke up. "We have several entrances to Hogwarts-secret and none not as secret-we need to bottle neck them. Make them come in small groups that we can handle while we wait-I'm going to the main bridge to secure it. Hermione you got the tunnel?" He got a nod from the girl and then he turned to Neville.

"I'll get the old wooden one yeah?" He spoke twirling his wand with a frown of worry on his face.

"Blaise-Nott, get the others sorted on something-anyone who has ideas for any other entrance and such follow someone-I don't care where you go but we don't have time to sit around and be ducks-let's go." Ron spoke up beside Ginny before he was walking off with a few other Griffindors.

Harry paused before leaving to turn to Severus who looked on proud at his students. "Hey....Um..." he started.

"Percy would be proud of you and your friends Harry." Severus smiled as he watched them get organized quite quickly.

Suddenly he was being hugged tightly and his chest felt heavy-he looked down at the child he had made with Tom-the boy was buried into his shoulder with his arms wrapped tightly around him. His own wrapping around Harrys shoulders.

"Be safe." Harry spoke before tensely backing away and running off.

The elf man stood there with wide eyes-then smiled. His son hugged him-it was a big step to him. For them. Then he turned to see Mcgonagal with a small tense smile. He sobered up and headed to her-they had a lot to do.

He hoped Percy and Tom got here soon.

____