Going a Little Overboard: Chapter 2

"Hello Bree."

Did this guy have nothing better to do than annoy me?

"Hey... uh, creeper?" I rolled my eyes, getting to my feet. I was about to walk away, when I realized he might have seen Blaine. Whirling around, I said, "Have you-" but he was gone. Okay, I was getting a little creeped out.

I turned in a circle, surveying every inch of the hallway I was in. Then I did it again for good measure. Just a short brunette girl going into her room. Huh. So he was going to play like that? Well, we'd see who came out on top.

"Breeeeeee." Blaine grinned, making his way toward me. He held his arms out for a hug and I side-stepped him, narrowing my eyes slightly.

He dropped his arms, eyebrows furrowing. "What's wrong?"

I threw my hands up in exasperation. "My mom's back to herself. My dad called, and talked to me for like a minute and a half then hung up. And when I turned around the creeper was poking me! Then when I got up and went to yell at him he was gone!" I took in a huge breath at the end of my rant.

A flash of anger crossed Blaine's face. "This dude is weird." I nodded, raising my eyebrow in a duh manner.

"Let's go talk to him." He suggested, shrugging.

I shooked my head, holding my hand out for the keycard. "I just want to sleep." There was a migraine beginning to form between my temples. My best friend nodded sympathetically, knowing I only got migraines when stressed. And boy, was I ever stressed.

He pushed the little plastic keycard into the slot above the door and pushed it open. I grinned as soon as I caught sight of the room.

Two Queen-sized beds stood in the center, the space between creating an invisible boundary line. Shiny, black side tables stood on either side of the beds. There were matching desks on either side of the room door, with other doors presumably leading to closets next to them. The bathroom door stood to the left of the room, and I rolled my eyes when I noticed Blaine had already claimed that side.

I walked forward quickly, flopping face first on top of the cruise-issue red comforter. Blaine had informed me on the way over that all of the rooms were a different color, matching the black furniture. Who knew cruise-ship designers had style?

"Do you want some Advil?" Blaine cooed, sitting beside me and rubbing my lower back lightly.

"Please." I mumbled into the pillow. The bed was freaking comfortable. I could go to sleep, and not wake up for a year.

Blaine nudged me, and I ignored it until he started poking me in the side repeatedly. Groaning, I looked up.

"Whoa. You look like crap already. Here." He handed me the pills and a glass half-filled with water. I popped the pills into my mouth, downing them quickly. Blaine took the empty glass from me, setting it on the night stand.

"You gonna be okay?" I nodded, getting under the covers.

"Alright. I'll be back later to check on you." He leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead.

I thought he was going to leave, but he went over to his bag and pulled out a t-shirt. He then proceeded to take off the shirt he already had on. I watched his muscles ripple while he moved with fascination. He must have started working out way more, because he didn't have those during school.

Just as I was about to say something, he slipped on the fresh t-shirt, and I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. There was a few footsteps, and when the door closed with a soft click, I opened my eyes ignoring the throbbing in my temples. Stupid painkillers take forever to start working.