Chapter 33 : Revenge Counter

Mulai dari awal

"Mikasa, that's too far!" Historia exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Sasha chimed in.

Soon, a panting Jean and Reiner arrived at the door of their room. Their eyes were met with Anna blocking the entrance from a fuming Mikasa, and Sasha and Historia trying their (futile?) best to restrain the dark-haired girl.

"Mikasa!" Jean shouted, still trying to regain his breath.

"It wasn't his fault alright! It was Eren's!" Reiner completed.

The look of death the girl gave them, was enough to completely shut them up. However, they were determined not to let Mikasa land even a finger on Finn. He was their ace, after all, he needed to be alive and healthy, and besides, with his condition right now, beating him up won't help matters.

"Anna, I'll tell you one last time; Move."

"I'm sorry, but I can't. I can't allow you to hurt him any more than he already is, no matter how much he deserves it."

In a flash, Mikasa's fist was curled up in Anna's face.

It happened so suddenly, but luckily, Jean was able to intervene. He immediately pulled Anna out of the way and received the punch to his own face instead. Mikasa, still blinded by rage, had not realised who she was beating up yet and kicked him painfully in the abdomen.

Gasps of horror left the mouths of the girls, but Reiner saw it as an opportunity to hold back the monstrous creature in the form of a woman. He quickly held her up from behind in an attempt to curtail her.

"Mikasa stop! Don't do this?!!"

It was too late though. She flipped him over and slammed her feet into his face on the concrete ground. The burly young man felt his skull rattle as his eyes closed shut.

Both Jean and Reiner were down for the count. They simply just couldn't compare to Mikasa's superhuman strength.

Anna immediately rushed to the door. "Jean? Hey, Jean! Wake up! Are you alright?! Jean!"

Historia and Sasha were scared stiff. Their wished they could do something at the moment to stop her, but they couldn't! One wrong step and they would also end up asleep. She was seriously going to hurt Anna too!

Historia cried out, "Mikasa please stop!"

Just as the taller girl's fist was about to grab Anna's face, the door instantly swung open and a hand from inside pulled Anna into the room.

Taking this as her cue, Mikasa stomped into the room, laying her eyes on a somewhat frightened Anna in the arms of a passive-eyed Finn.

"You!!" Mikasa said, pointing her finger at him.

"Mikasa wait, let me explai-"

"Be quiet, Anna." Finn said, his jet-black bangs covering his golden-yellow eyes, "Stay back."

Wide-eyed, she was pushed away from him gently to the couch. Sadness overcame her bewilderment. The tone of his voice wasn't one of pain or anger, nor frustration or regret. It was nothingness. He was empty, completely empty.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, as she placed her palm over her mouth. This is what she wanted to avoid, this is what she had been fighting against for so long, this is what she had been trying to prevent ever since she met him. But in the end, it all didn't work. He had finally been consumed by the darkness within him. She felt helpless, she felt weak. Why couldn't she save him? Why couldn't she lift him out of his misery? Why couldn't she rescue him just like he did her? Why?

Oh God, why?

She silently cried and tears flowed down painfully on her cheeks.

Finn turned slightly to her. Seeing her cry and desperately trying to wipe her tears, pushed him further and further into the darkness. He turned to Mikasa and spread out his arms.