2

"So how's the new roommate?"

"I don't even want to think about it..." I sighed, earning me a quiet laugh from the man I'd been speaking with through my headset.

He's a gamer like me. Sometimes we livestream together. We both have a pretty decent fanbase, so these times are good for both of us. "He can't be that bad..."

"Ken, I'm pretty sure I'd be better off with a monkey as a roommate... at least I can train a monkey to do tricks."

The comments exploded at that, filling with lots of "lol" and "He can't be that bad" and even "It's only been a week." One even dared to say that maybe he would get better.

My eyes glanced at the time. It was about that time. "I seriously doubt he'll get any better... The guy just does not listen." I heard a bit of movement from the other room. "If I thought that he could find another place, I'd probably kick him out."

I held my hand up where the camera could see and held up five fingers. Then four. Three. Two. One. Not even a second after I hit the button to mute my mic, Terushima was opening my bedroom door.

It's pretty bad that I've already got it timed out when he would interrupt my streaming... Every night, I do an hour-long livestream.

Each day of the week has a theme.

Terror Tuesday was meant for horror games. These were always solo days.

Wizard Wednesday was when I'd play something with magical elements. Lately, that had been an MMO that I'd been playing with my current streaming partner, Kenma.

There was also Throwback Thursday, which of course was when I'd play through something much older.

You get the point...

Terushima leaned against the doorframe. When he saw that I was looking at him, he held up a bag. "Brought you some dinner." He had a lazy grin on his face.

I stopped and blinked a few times. From the corner of my eye, I could see that the comments were going nuts with trying to figure out what he had done or said to get such a reaction from me.

My eyes flicked down to the time. Fifteen more minutes before I would hit the one-hour mark and end my stream. The food would get cold if I waited that long...

"I... I'll be out in a minute." He gave me a thumbs up and left me... also leaving my bedroom door open.

I pressed the button to unmute the mic. "He brought me food..." Honestly, I wasn't sure how to take that. "He's never done that..." It almost felt like some kind of a trick. The comments seemed to feel similarly.

Bribing with food to make you let him stay even though he's annoying. Smart move.

Bribe, huh? Maybe it was. I chuckled a little to myself. "Bribe or not, food is food... And we're gonna cut tonight a little short. Can't let the food get cold."

After saying my goodbyes to my viewers and turning things off, I headed to the kitchen. Terushima already had things set up on the table.

As I look over everything he'd gotten, I found myself surprised yet again. I looked over at him, making him stop eating for a moment. "How did you know...?"

Terushima gave a shrug. "Ayumi told me that you're a picky eater." I frowned at that. I wasn't that picky. "Was one of the first things she said about you. Tried to call you to ask what you would want, but you didn't answer, so I figured you were busy and called her instead." He flashed me a grin. "Lucky for me, you tend to stick to the same choices once you find one you like, so she told me exactly what you would have wanted... and by the look on your face, I'd say that it was spot on."

He was smarter than I'd given him credit for. Maybe this actually would work out...