Part 14 The Wild

After what ever they had stuck me with wore off, and I regained consciousness, I realised that I had been moved. 

The room was small and square, with a single light hanging from the sealing. There was a damp smell that hung in the air, that felt like it was clinging to my nose. The t-shirt I had worn to work had been taken from me and I had been tied to a large, wooden chair, that reminded me of the electric chair you might see in an old prison movie. In front of me was a solid concrete wall, to my right was the same. To the left, there was a small window that I just may be able to fit through, if I could only get out of the chair, there were bars on it, but I was sure the wolf was enough to pull them out.

Behind me I heard movement, followed by the door opening, there were footsteps, but whoever it was didn't move into my field of view. From the sound coming from their direction I guessed that they were putting tools onto a table, given the situation I found myself in, it wasn't hard to guess what they were for.

As the person finished, I heard them snigger.

"Oh, he's gonna have some fun with you."

They moved around to my left so I could see who it was. To my surprise it was Jimmy the Bastard, if he was here, then Dalton Must be too. I quickly realised how Lucian had known exactly where to show up the first time he had ridden into town.

"Hey Jimmy." I said trying not to give him the satisfaction of my surprise.

"I Guess if you're here, that means your husband can't be too far away."

Jimmy's face changed from smug smile to pissed off grimace. "You won't be such a cocky prick, when Dalton's finished with you." he said, his face returning to smug grin.

I got the feeling he was probably right, it wasn't like I had been tortured before. He left the room still grinning. When the door closed behind him I began struggling in the chair. The joints creaked and moaned under my strength and weight, but the ropes were tight and it didn't give me much room to move.

As I struggled, the door opened again.

"Are you trying to leave us? You just got here and we were gonna play game." said a voice that I instantly recognised.

Dalton stepped in front of me with a hammer in his right hand. His face where I had clawed him had healed over, though some of the colour in his eyes looked murky.

"Come to get your face evened out?" I asked, whilst still pulling at the ropes.

"Jimmy said you were in a cocky mood, guess we'll have to do something about that." He said reaching forward and grabbing hold of my right hand with his left.

"About Jimmy, when you guys sleep, is he the big or little spoon?"

Dalton ignored my comment and brought the hammer down onto my knuckles.

I groaned loudly, but didn't let out a scream, as I felt the bones on my index and middle fingers break. Dolton looked like he was happy with the result, like he was glad it was going to take time to break me. He smashed my other hand, and got the same reply.

I was breathing heavily and had begun to sweat, I could feel my heart in my eyes and was wondering if I would pass out from the pain. Just then he dropped the hammer on to the floor, and slammed his fist into my face. When it connected I was sure I felt the socket around my eye, crack. My head bounced off of the high back on the chair, and everything went black.

I'm not sure how long I was out, but I was woken by water being thrown over me again. Dalton was still in the room, but Jimmy had joined him and sat in the corner on a small wooden stool.