chapter 3

I kept my eyes locked onto Changbin, nervously looking at my schedule and then back at Changbin until he was out of sight. I let out a relieved sigh before everyone started going separate ways. It was me, Jeongin, Felix and Lee know who remained standing in the hallway. We looked at each other, awkward silence trapping us under it's spell. We could barely make any eye contact. After skimming and scanning through our schedule, I cleared my throat and looked at the others while passing a smile to them.

"So seems like we 4 have the same schedule." Lee Know seemed least bothered about it; he was a bit too paranoid about not being in the same class as Han. "Get to the point and don't waste my time. What's the first class?" He shoved his hands into his pockets, tapping his heels on the ground. He was staring at me with his dreamy, hazelnut brown eyes. His silky hair swaying in sync with his slight movements, I couldn't help but giggle at that. "We have music."He shrugged in response and took the lead while we followed him, our eyes wandering about to find the room labelled as "music room".

The hallway had a vibe to it that neither of us appreciated; eerie and unfamiliar. I saw Felix all happy and ready but I wasn't surprised; of course he was passionate about music. After a few minutes, we had reached our desired location. Lee Know looked at us and nodded before turning back to knock the door in a systematic manner. The teacher's voice welcomed us in as Lee Know opened the door and we all walked in. We all took a seat and attentively heard the teacher explain how music was originated. Felix took the seat beside mine, and Jeongin took the seat beside Felix. The history of music indeed caught my attention and made me curious. I started to take notes while the teacher delivered her lecture.

The teacher was pleased to see us pay so much attention and asked whether anyone could play a piece. Felix was experienced and volunteered.Seeing his hand high above his head, the teacher could already sense the confidence Felix had. "Seems like the new student wants to entertain us with some musical notes. Why don't you come up here." Felix was so delighted and went hopping off of his seat to the front of the class. Seeing him so excited made my heart flutter. He introduced himself but all I could think of was his happiness; he looked like the most adorable creature to ever exist.

I realized how nervous he was when he was fiddling with his fingers and hooted for him. "Felix you can do it! Don't worry, okay bud?" He showed me a thumbs up and I sat back on my seat, crossing my legs. Felix cracked his knuckles before picking up the violin. "I call this piece Key To My Heart." He rested the violin on his collar bone, supporting it with his left hand and shoulder. He laid his cheek onto the side on the violin gently, his chin protecting the top of the violin.He wrapped his hand around the violin's neck, his thumb pressing against it's padding. He took a deep breathe and clenched his eyes shut. He began playing the melody, plucking the string with his index finger from time to time.

The sun was playing hide and seek, peaking through the tempered windows and shining on Felix. It seemed like Felix was reflecting the sun's life two times stronger like a mirror. He was rolling his finger forward and backward rather than sliding his finger up and down the string. He ended it with playing a harmonic, applying a small amount of pressure on the strings. The sun's rays kept dancing on his violin. It seemed like he had us all under a spell, we were all so fascinated. As soon as he was done playing, he opened his eyes and bowed down. I stood up on my feet, applauding for him and appreciating him for blessing our ears.

"Felix that was a masterpiece. We're proud of you!" I felt so proud of Felix. He saw me and winked at me, making my heart skip a beat.Everyone rose to their feet; some emotional after the masterpiece Felix had played and some just speechless. "Felix that was so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us." The teacher patted Felix's shoulder and he was just in seventh heaven. All the girl's were whispering to know about his whereabouts. Felix soon came back to his seat. We all hyped him up, except Lee Know who remained quiet. We didn't bother much about that since Felix was so happy and that's what mattered. He seemed so self-assured and contented; can't really blame him, he's just too talented.

Almost everyone was discussing Felix in class. My ears were quite sharp and I understood each word that left the mouths of some girls. "Felix is so talented and handsome" said one of the girls. The other one nodded and exclaimed, "He's the definition of perfect!" A smirk pulled onto the corner of my lips as I thought to myself. Of course, Felix, the son of Apollo had broken all beauty records. I was pulled out of my Disneyland fantasies as soon as Lee Know hissed and clenched his fists. His eyes were still fixed on his paper though. I was curious as to what was going on in his head; if only there was a way to know.