Chapter 2

It was already morning and I didn't realize until the the timer went off; it was as loud as a fire truck siren. I was bewildered as to whether I was shocked or irate. I placed my hand over my thumping heart; it seemed like it was about to jump out of my ribcage. I sighed and rolled to the end of my bed, reaching my hand out to close the roaring timer while my eyes were still closed. Felix, who was already awake, walked over to my side, dismissing the alarm which was placed on my nightstand. Out of curiosity, I slightly opened my eyes to recognize who had done me the favor of stopping the timer. A smile painted my lips as I quickly closed my eyes again and decided to sleep for an extra five to ten minutes.

"Bangchan, we really don't have time for this. Get up and get ready, you wouldn't want to get late for the first day of high school. Remember, first impression is last impression. Make it count." I had totally forgotten about high school!I quickly jumped out of bed and stumbled over all the luggage that was scattered on the floor. Next thing I know, I fell flat on my face and rubbed my nose against the ground. Oh boy, dare I say that it hurt alot. It was just the start of the day and I could imagine my day getting worser as it progressed.

I groaned out of pain and quickly rose back to my feet. "Time is a flowing river. Doesn't stop for anyone." I mumbled those words under my breathe before sprinting into the bathroom. I barely got time to admire myself in the mirror. I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face and combed my hair, picking the golden bay leaves out before dressing into the high school's dress code. I bent down to pick up my shoes and yelped out of pain; indeed the beds weren't like clouds. They were so uncomfortable that my back went stiff; well no more stability. "Ouch what the fuck?! How do humans even sleep on these beds? Are these even beds? Even sleeping on the rocks would be much more comfortable."

I quickly slid my shoes on, least bothered about them not being entirely clean. "I bet I'll be late. Fuck this ugh!" I turned the door knob anti-clockwise before pulling the musty door open. I quickly dusted my white shirt and black pants before gently patting my red hair. "All set!" I ran outside again, letting the next person occupy the bathroom and get ready. "Oh shit, I forgot to pack my stuff for school." I face palmed myself, dragging myself to the pile of essentials laid down on my desk in an organized formation. I looked to the side, watching Felix pack his bag. I decided to follow him and packed my bag alongside him, shoving the same things as Felix from my own pile into my bag. I zipped up my bag, wearing it over my shoulder. "Good morning Felix! Sorry about earlier; didn't really get the chance to say that before." He simply shook his head sideways and smiled at me.

How beautiful was he; his blonde hair tied into a little pony behind his head, his freckles making his smile cuter as ever and making him look more charming. His bronze eyes shining from excitement to experience the life of a human, even if it was just temporary. He had to snap his fingers to bring me out of fantasy land and back to reality. "What's with you?" A chuckle escaped his mouth, his soft voice ringing as a melody in my head. "Oh nothing. I just know that everyone will have a huge crush on you. They'll see you once and would die for you." I wiggled my eyebrows, nudging his shoulder. "Oh please, says the boy with the hottest Aussie accent to ever exist. How do you say that one word again." He started moving his lips in a funny stance. I rolled my eyes, turning my back at him as I started going towards the door. "Okay okay I'm sorry. But I love your accent. Anyways, we better hurry for breakfast. Last one there is a rotten egg!"

Those were the last words of Felix before he left the room and marched to the stairs. He slid down the railing, jumping back to his feet as he approached the end. I noticed him perform the trick and could only applaud. As soon as I was about to go down the stairs, I hesitantly took a step back. "Yo Felix, why don't you head to the kitchen for breakfast alone? I'll accompany you in a little." He nodded and was out of sight in a couple of seconds. "Okay let's check on everyone. It's everyone's first day, I bet they all are nervous." I took a few steps away from the stairs and came across Changbin's room. "I'll check on him last." I scurried away, making it across Jeongin's room. "This cute little munchkin, I'll check on him first."

I knocked on his door in a rhythmic tone and silence was the only answer I got. I knocked again, but this time I heard a sniff. My ears got pricked. I kicked open the door which separated our environments and walked inside, closing it behind me. He was sitting in the corner, rubbing his eyes and burying his head in his lap. Alarmed by all my movements, he quickly wiped his tears with the sleeve of his shirt and stood straight. "Y-yes?" He stared into my eyes before dropping his gaze in respect. I rushed over to him and enveloped him in a tight hug. He snaked his arms around my waist, hiding his face in my chest as tears pooled in his eyes again. Streams of tears flowed from his eyes, trickling down his cheek. It rose my concerns and also made my heart drop; our baby sunshine must be going through alot. He was the youngest among us, yet the one who always gave us the spirit to move forward.

I caressed his back and ruffled his hair to calm him down before raising a question. "Hey Innie, what's wrong buddy?" I waited for his answer and thought of how he must feel lonely and scared in a foreign world. "I miss the Olymp. I don't wish to live here. It's been just one day and I miss everything about how our life was like. I hate it here. This is just a hell-hole disguised in a different form. Can't we go back?" He lifted his head, staring into my eyes. His cries and pain made my heart ache. "Not soon Innie, not soon." I whispered as he wriggled out of my hold and quietly went to his closet to get a set of clothes. He opened the closet and the door fell out. "How magical. Yeah?" He said in a mocking manner and there was nothing I could do other than sighing and feeling sorry. "I understand. For now, just get ready. We have to leave for school and we're already late. Come down for breakfast soon." He gave me a convincing smile as I headed out of his room after patting his head.

I decided to go and check on the others but the doors of their rooms were open, indicating that they weren't inside. I decided to go down to the kitchen then, instead. Thankfully everyone was there; each one looking handsome as ever. Another positive point, they looked like humans and not gods; just what we wanted.

As soon as I grabbed a croissant and bit into it, Jeongin came downstairs. "I'm finally ready!" I passed down a croissant to him aswell and lead everyone to the main entrance of the house. "Now we all leave together. Everyone ready?" Everyone screamed a "yes" together and we departed. After a while, we reached the school and were greeted by the guards. We just stepped inside the gate and many children, of different standards, diverted their gaze towards us. It was a very uncomfortable feeling indeed, but I decided to ignore it and proceed. I held onto Jeongin's hand tightly to reassure him that I was with him. Soon, we walked into the colossal building decorated with different shades of red and black finely baked bricks. As we reached the reception, I asked the old lady, dressed in a shocking pink dress to help us out. Probably her ego was too much to help us or what, but she ignored us. That made me angry, considering how we were late already.

"Excuse me miss, I do believe you're not deaf. Could you mind taking your eyes off of your obnoxiously long nails to help us out, just for a minute? We need our timetable, please." She still treated us as ghosts, being unresponsive to my statement. Before I could do anything else, Changbin pushed me out of sight and slammed his veiny, muscular hands onto the desk. He succeeded in catching her attention. He growled at her coarsely. "Hello miss. I really hope you do as I want because this is our first day of school. In the school, you have one fucking job. Do it properly or else your fat ass is fucking useless. Sadly only you have the schedule or else I wouldn't even waste my time on some ignorant scum like you. Now hand me the schedule. I said now!"

The inner demon within him was unleashing and I knew that wasn't a good sign. I hid behind Jeongin, panic taking over me as a red and black aura was built around Changbin. The lady at the desk quickly handed him the schedule and sunk back into her chair, unable to gather courage to face him. A smirk curved onto Changbin's lips as he passed out the schedules to all of us. "I think our work here is done. Let's head on to our classes." All of us nodded very quickly, not even hesitating to do as he had stated. A shiver travelled down our spines as we timidly followed Changbin through the hall to find our first class of the day.