"The clothes fit you well," Blake told me, again giving me a once over. 

This time, it seemed casual since I was fully dressed and not exposing myself to him.

"They did, thank you," I replied, taking a seat on one of the chairs.

"Yesterday was my busy day, but today I am completely free. We can go have breakfast, and then maybe walk around in town after," Blake said as he shuffled some things on his desk.

"That sounds great. But, when will I be calling Dylan?" I asked him, feeling the nerves start to settle in the pit of my stomach.

"I was thinking about that last night. Maybe you should give Dylan some time to cool off. You just ran away yesterday, and I bet you did it for a reason. It might be best if you stayed here a couple of days and then when you feel enough time has passed, you can give Dylan a call and talk it out with him," Blake explained.

"Don't you think it's worse if I wait? And what about Alpha Nicolas? What if he talked to Dylan already?" I asked, feeling myself get alarmed.

"I talked with Nicolas this morning. So far, he doesn't know anything about you. That means he didn't tell Dylan your name. The waters are clear. Besides, Nicolas is requesting permission to search the lands. It will be a while before he reaches Midnight Moon territory, or for him to get over here."

"You think so?" I questioned, unsure about waiting. 

Last night was almost impossible to go through. My wolf spent the entire night complaining and whimpering, wanting to be next to Dylan.

"What about Dylan being blindsided in the situation? Didn't you say it was better for him to know everything?"

"You're going to have to find a way to explain things Leila. If you just tell him all at once, I can guarantee you his wolf will take over. Nothing good can come out of that."

"Maybe you're right," I said, resting my head on his desk. 

He let out a chuckle, and walked to stand next to me.

"Let's go have breakfast. You'll feel better after that," Blake told me, taking a hold of my hand and walking me out of his office.

We arrived at a small café restaurant. Most of the people in town knew Blake. 

Being out with him reminded me of the day I went to town with Dylan and most people were staring at us with curious eyes. 

Today with Blake was no different. Some of the people passing by were werewolves and they would look at Blake with respect.

We ate in silence for a while. It wasn't uncomfortable. I had plenty of things running through my mind and I was sure Blake did too.

"I shouldn't have run away," I said to Blake, after some moments of silence.

"I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from Dylan. In cases like these, Alphas usually start blaming anyone who crosses their path," Blake replied.

"How do you think he's doing?"

"He must be feeling bad. I mean, he really doesn't know where you are, and whether you left or someone took you."

I felt my eyes start to get watery. It was my entire fault. I had created all the problems and now I was paying for it.

Blake stood up and moved his chair closer to me.

"It's going to be alright. You're just missing your mate," he said in a soothing tone.

I wrapped my arms around him, wanting to be comforted by someone. 

My wolf immediately felt alert by being in someone else's arms, other than our mate, but I ignored her.

Blake had been good to me.

When I composed myself, we left the café. It was a nice day out and I took Blake on his offer of walking around town. 

I decided I would call Dylan, but that would have to be later on today. I wanted to be ready for him. I was expecting his anger, even if I wished he wouldn't be mad at me.

Whenever we crossed people from his pack, Blake presented me as his friend. 

I heard many of the people from his pack murmuring that I was his mate or his girlfriend and Blake was just keeping it a secret.

I smiled at their thoughts, finding it funny that they assumed that.It was late in the afternoon when Blake drove us to his house. 

As soon as he parked his car, a guy walked out from the woods.

"Blake, I've been waiting for you," the guy said, nodding at Blake.

"Michael, this is Leila. Leila, this is Michael- my Beta," Blake introduced us. 

Michael moved forward and offered his hand.

I shook it, giving him a smile in return.

Show the vote button some love, and leave a comment if you will. Thank you loads for reading! Cheers!