Part 1: The Run In

Start from the beginning

"God, he was annoying," Atlas said as he looked at the body, and then he looked up at me.

"You were saying," He said to me, and I was physically shaking now.

"I won't say anything, I promise. I want no trouble," I said, and he examined me.

"Do I know you?" He asked me and I thought for a moment and wasn't sure if I should be honest or not. I was afraid if he remembered me that he would kill me because I could identify him. But I also didn't want him to know I was lying and kill me because of that.

"I am Jessie Killingmore. I went to Peekskill High with you," I said and his face dropped as he realized I knew exactly who he was.

"That was what I was afraid of," He said before raising his gun up.

"How can I prove that I won't say anything," I begged and he dropped down the gun and glanced at me for a moment.

"You can't," he said looking at me, his green eyes twinkling under the moonlight he raised the gun up to me.

"You can take me with you, take my phone away, and leave me somewhere where you can keep an eye on me until you figure out if you can trust me or not," I begged, some tears falling down my face as I started to shake. Atlas put down his gun and he looked at me.

"Okay," He said before he put his gun in his pants, and he grabbed my wrist with his hand and he pulled me up to his chest.

"Where is your phone," He asked me, and I looked up at him.

"Back pocket of my skirt," I said, and he stared into my eyes as he reached into my back pocket and I flinched as he threw my phone in the trash and it shattered into pieces.

He turned to me and I flinched as he lifted his hand up. He stalled for a moment before he wiped my face with his cold hand and he ripped off my jacket and handed me his leather one. He pulled my arm so I was face to face with him. Two inches closer and we would be kissing, I felt my heart race.

"Do not cause a scene," He said firmly to me, and I knew it was a warning. I nodded my head, he then grabbed my hand and pulled me into the club. We were surrounded by smoke as we passed the hookah lounge and then sweaty bodies as people ground on each other in the nightclub.

He walked over to the bouncer at the front and they opened the doors for him. We walked out of the front door and there was a tinted black sports car waiting outside. He opened the door for me and gently helped me into the back and climbed in the front seat and another man who had been following joined us and atlas sped off as I quickly put on my seat belt.

He drove out of the bad side of town, and towards the more rural side. We had driven about twenty minutes without seeing a house until we pulled into a dirt driveway. We drove down a long road until we saw a wooden cabin that was giant. It was two stories high and the only light was from the front porch.

There was a four-car garage and a shed next door to the house. We pulled into the garage and inside there were motorcycles, an SUV, and another red sports car. It was literally the only house for miles, I realized that even if I escaped I would never make it back to civilization.

He shut the garage and then got out of the car and opened up my door. He pulled me out by my arm and he dragged me inside. I knew I was inconveniencing him by still being alive so I didn't complain as he pulled me. As we left the garage we entered a giant living room with a very high ceiling. There was a giant white leather couch and a huge TV and the floors were dark wood.

On the couch, there were two men making out with two girls.

"Get a room," he ordered and the men's eyes went wide and they quickly dragged the girls away, and Atlas pushed me roughly towards the couch.

"Kaleb, watch her for a second," He told the man who sat next to me.

"I am Kaleb," he said and I shook his hand. He actually seemed like a sweetheart. His eyes were brown and he had pale skin. His hair was blonde and shaggy.

"Jessie," I said in response. We sat there in silence for a few minutes awkwardly.

Atlas came back with a beer in his hand and he was dragging a man who looked half asleep and was in a shirt and pajama pants. He had short brown hair and he was tiredly putting on a black pair of glasses.

"Thomas fix this," He said, motioning to me on the couch before Atlas sat on the recliner in the room.

"What is the problem sir," Thomas said, looking at Atlas obviously terrified of him.

"She saw me kill two men and I need a way to assure she won't speak about it, or if she gets called into court she won't have a chance to speak against me," Atlas said. Thomas looked at me with wide eyes and started thinking of a solution.

"Well," Atlas said and Thomas sent me a look of sympathy as he desperately tried to think of a way to get me out of this situation.

"I am not sure," Thomas said and Atlas stood up and grabbed me, dragging me to my knees and pulling out his gun.

"If you can't think of something then I have no other choice," Atlas said and Thomas eyes went wide. I braced myself to be shot when Thomas finally spoke.

"The Spousal Testimonial Privilege," Thomas said, and Atlas let me go, and I fell onto my hands as he dropped me.

"What is that," Atlas said as he sat down on the recliner, the gun still in his hand.

"It states that in a court of law a married couple can refuse to testify against each other, therefore they can not speak to the police about anything they may have heard or seen," Thomas said.

"So that handles the legal aspect but how about getting her not to snitch to the police," Atlas said and Thomas looked at me.

"After you get married, have her move here and don't let her ever have an opportunity to," Thomas said, pushing up his falling glasses, giving me a quick sympathetic glance, and Atlas contemplated this for a second.

"Fine, get Carly to plan a wedding for tomorrow," Atlas said before standing up. He stopped to kneel in front of me and I was completely defeated.

"Do you have any objections," he said and I looked into his eyes looking for some sort of indication that he was joking about seriously going through with getting married.

I didn't respond, unsure of what I would even say to him. Atlas smirked at me and then stood up and looked at Kaleb.

"Kaleb, bring her to the holding room, it should give her some time to think things over," Atlas said and Kaleb helped me stand up and brought me to the basement where I was brought into a small room with no windows and only one door which locked from the outside.

There was a toilet and a twin bed with a single blanket in the room. I kept Atlas's jacket on because I was freezing down here, and I got into the bed and under the blanket. I thought about my options, get married or get killed and I realized I had no choice. I went to bed realizing the severity of the situation I had just gotten myself involved in.