Chapter 14: Unforeseen

"Don...?"

"Gilda...?"

"Guys?!"

"No way..." Emma mumbled, her expression filled with panic and disbelief as they struggled to find anyone.

"This can't be real..." Zara mumbled.

"They've disappeared?!"

What will become of the fate of their beloved family?

"Where did everyone else go?"

Search for
The glimmer
Of hope that
Once guided
Our path

The six of them stood together as a group, frightened and fearful of what had happened to the others, who were nowhere to be found.

"No..."

Emma and Marianna start to walk forward, not knowing where they're going, they would do anything to find their family.

"It's impossible for them to just disappear. They must be nearby."

"Stay calm... and think."

"Just where..."

Emma could not even finish her sentence as the ground they'd all been standing on had suddenly broken open.

"Huh?!"

The long spiraled tree roots started to open like a fly trap, all of them being pulled in as Marianna left out a high pitched yelp, causing Ray and Zara to turn to her direction.

"Marianna! Grab my hand!" Ray yelled, reaching his hand towards the said girl as she turned towards Ray and stretched her hands out towards him, trying to grab his hand.

Once close together, Ray grabbed Marianna's hand and pulled her close to his chest, having a tight hold of her as they get ready to embrace the heavy fall

"Woah!"

"Ow!"

"Agh!"

"Woah!"

"Mph!"

As soon as they landed, they all let out a scream; it was pitch black, complete darkness.