2

The demon slayer leapt across the crowded pathway to the newly minted demon. Jamming his head scarf into the thrashing mouth, you noted how quick thinking this one was. Normally, demon slayers seemed to rely on brute strength-- at least in your opinion. This one seemed... different. And not in a good way.

"H-Husband!" The poor wife laid sobbing on the ground, shoulder gashed open.

"Madam!! Please mind your own safety first compared to caring about your husband!" The slayer yelled in an oddly polite way. "Please use some fabric to cover your wound and apply pressure to it!"

"Rei, it's too dangerous. Let's go to the other side." He tried to slip away, but the slayer was too perceptive.

"Muzan Kibutsuji! I won't let you get away! No matter where you run to... I WILL PURSUE YOU TILL THE END OF HELL ITSELF!! I WILL REMOVE THAT HEAD OF YOURS WITH MY BLADE! I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"

"What's the matter with this child, Tsukihiko?" You wondered aloud. That was his name when he was out, just as yours was Rei. It helped to keep the mystery around who you were. In fact, only a small handful of people even knew your daughter's true name. As you turned to walk away, you noticed Muzan's eyes constricting into their demon form.

"Those earrings." His voice turned gravelly as you noted a demon who you very much didn't want to run in to approach. You tried to pull Muzan away as the world around you filled with floral patterns.

"Tamayo is here, Muzan. The doctor." You finally succeeded in breaking his enchantment with the boy and the three of you hurried off. It wasn't long until you were back at the car. Muzan handed you your daughter and gave a soft sort of smile.

"Is Daddy not coming along with us?" Her little voice sounded so much older than three going on four.

"I still have conferences to attend to for my work, sunflower. And I'm pretty concerned about that commotion just now."

"Muzan..." Your eyebrows bunched together in a way that unexpectedly melted his heart. Pushing his thumb gently into the wrinkles on your face, he alleviated the stress.

"I'll be fine, my love." He sighed. "I'm just going to ask the police officers some things."

"There's no need to lie to me, Muzan. My name isn't actually Rei just as yours isn't Tsukihiko." Your voice whispered softly.

"I'll be sure to follow through on my threat from earlier. I really do need to take care of something. Go home and make us dessert. Shaved ice perhaps."

And with that, he was off on his own business as usual. It wasn't unusual for your outings to end like this, but it didn't dampen the blow. Despite his constant search, he held feelings for you-- you knew it. But it was hard to stomach knowing so many of his secrets. Shaking your head, you stepped into the chauffeured car and buckled you and your daughter in. "Shaved ice, my sweet syrup girl?"

"Yum! I love my Mama's desserts!" She cheered as she leaned against your arm.

"We'll see if you can stay awake long enough for Daddy to return home." You yawned back. "Well, me too, actually."