The world always has a funny way of changing your life!

Chapter 1: Goodbye Family

A new beginning, setting out to venture into the unknown world on my own…. Liberating?... YES, Exhilarating?...YES, Scared?.... A little. However, my main feeling at the moment is sadness as I look out at all the sad/ teary-eyed faces that stare back at me. Each hug I receive is longer than the last and a little bit tighter, cutting off my blood circulation and lung capacity. My best friends Jen, Kat, Ari, Jackie, and Kim all came to see me off along with a few of my other guy friends and family. My mother was a balling mess of tears streaming down her face and telling me to write everyday…. NOT LIKELY, but I will try my best. As for my dad, he was his usual self…. Smiling telling me he’ll miss me and write while holding his wife, who basically said the same thing as they both hugged me.

However, my little brothers and sister we’re all hugging me. Mikey, 17, said “write to me and if you ever need anything just let me know…. I’m definitely going to miss you, but you can go now!” what a joker… “thanks a lot Mikey, same goes for you in college…. Just don’t go too wild!” as we laughed histerically my little brother Tony, 14, said, “ well I’m definitely going to miss both of you, but you guys can leave so I can get back to an empty house and start creating my game room/workout room…. By the way thanks for leaving… I really appreciate the house all to myself! Hahahahaha” such a wicked little laugh, but I was definitely going to miss him. So as me and my brother Mikey glared at each other as he spoke his words, we both lunged at him and embraced him in the biggest tightest hug imaginable!

“STOP I CAN’T BREATHE”, Tony screeched.

“I think we might have bruised him Nati!” “I think your right little brother” and the both of us laughed in an uproar as we hugged him once more. Tony once again started screeching and pleading, but I knew he was going to miss us deep down inside and a few aches and pains will only remind him of how much we love him too.

“Hey what about me?” said Lisa, 10, in her cute little kid voice almost like the little mermaid. “Come here you! Do you know who’s going to miss you the most in the whole wide world?”

“Of course I do…. Mommy and Daddy, DUH!!!” she said in her cocky little voice. Completely confused by this statement I turned to her with a puzzled look and sarcastically said, “Why would Mommy and Daddy miss you?”

“Because, I’m coming with you…. I fit perfectly into your suitcase!” It was the cutest thing I had ever heard in my entire life and it pained me that I wasn’t going to see her as often anymore. “Sweety, you can’t come with me! You have to do me a favor and take care of Mommy and Daddy while I’m away!”

”But why I want to go with you! We can have a big sister adventure like Thelma and Louise!”

“awww you are too sweet, but I still need someone to look after Mommy and Daddy and the rest of the family while I’m away and I would really love it if you could do me that one huge favor, because not only are you my favorite person in the world, but you’re my precious little sister that I love more than anything! So.... can you please do me this one little favor?” At that instant she gave me her pouty puppy dog face, looked at my eyes… tears welding up inside of them…. And finally said, “OK, but can you write to me like everyone else and send me things?” with a devilish grin and tears on her face how could I resist to say no. “of course I will! I LOVE YOU!”...… ”LOVE YOU TOO Nati!”

Our embrace only lasted a few minutes before I headed towards the security line. Looking back made myheart pound a thousand beats faster, but I knew I was making the best decision for myself. As I waved for the last time back at everyone I knew, loved, and cared for…. I headed off for my impending departure to a 3rd world country that is unknown to me in every aspect!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kind of have an idea as to where to go with this story... however, the title I will definitely need to work on! this is my first story.... however, I think I still need to tweek it a bit, but let me know what you think or how I can improve!