¹³ HOMECOMING: OMG, we've been carrying a bomb?

Start from the beginning

"Hey Karen, how long have we been here anyway?" Peter laid flat on the container's roof, wearing his Decathlon yellow jacket.

"Thirty-seven minutes."

Peter sat up and exclaimed, "What?!" He got up and jumped off the container. "Thirty-seven minutes? That's insane. I cannot take this anymore. I got to... I gotta get out of here. There's got to be something in here that I can use."

He entered the container in which he came in, hoping to find something useful, he started to look through the various baskets containing alien technology. He spots the duffle bag the Vulture guy couldn't take, he crouches down and opens it, going through its content.

"Oh, that's awesome." He holds a robot's head, spotting the similarity to Ultron. He drops the head aside and fetches something else, his eyes widen in recognition upon coming across the glowy thing. "Hey, it's like the glowy thing."

Karen intervenes. "That glowy thing is an explosive Chitauri energy core."

His blood runs cold, causing his muscles to tense up, Peter carefully drops the glowy thingy back inside the back and takes a step back. "You mean, we've been carrying around a bomb?"

Concerning, thoughts about Ned and Teagan flash through his mind and terror runs down his spine. He shudders as he realizes he had unconsciously put them in danger. "It would require radiation to transform it into an explosive state."

"No, no, no!" Peter runs out of the container, he shoots a web at the concrete door and pulls himself up before attaching it against the wall. "Hey! Please!" He screams, waving his arms at the camera to hopefully attract a guard's attention. "Please, somebody let me out!" But nothing happened, Peter shoots a web and finds himself in front of a circuit panel.

"Hey! Karen, you have to help me override that time lock." I have to get to Ned and Teagan before it's too late, he thought as he got to work.

"NEXT and final round is Java programming." Cameron Abrams, the host, announced. "Midtown School of Science and Technology vs PEECS-HS. Final contestants, please make your way to the front and take your respective seats."

Abby Lee and Jonathan Enger made their way toward the front row, two girls from the opposite team made their way to their respective places. Teagan had been disqualified on the third round, the Prime girl wasn't at all upset, she had fun and enjoy every exhilarating moment of it. Her phone buzzed, and she took it out carefully, she was supposed to give her phone away, but she managed to smuggle it. A text from Ned notified her that Peter didn't show up for the competition, her heart sank, she hid her phone and got up from her chair. Taking her bag with her, she made her way towards Mrs. Davis, told her she had a girl emergency, and she needed to use the restroom.

The teacher allowed her to go since they were almost wrapping up the competition, Teagan hurriedly made her way out of the seminar room. Once out, she ran down the hall, pulling her phone out to ask Ned where he was. Teagan climbs down the stairs in a hurry, heart hammering and threatening to burst out of her chest.

I knew this was a bad idea. I knew it! I knew it! Teagan yelled in her mind.

Her phone buzzed and she checked the message. We are at the Washington Monument. Teagan made her way towards the touristic center, thankfully she made it on time, she easily spotted the students of Midtown School. They formed a line and went through the metal detectors, Teagan jogged towards them and caught the attention of Mr. Harrington and Liz.

"Teagan, what are you doing here? Where's your group?" Mr. Harrington glanced behind her, not noticing the rest of the programming team nor Mrs. Davis, his eyes flickered back to her.