¹¹ HOMECOMING: Spider-Man is who?

Start from the beginning

But not everything is lost, perhaps Teagan was too distracted with what's going on in her life that she didn't notice the cracks appearing in her facade. Leo did notice, he got to meet half of the real version of Teagan Prime yesterday, in the safety of her room she was so off-guard, so comfortable, and bright. Never has she acted that way around him, Leo felt naturally drawn to her, not romantically, but like a pirate is drawn to adventure. Curiosity. Now this Teagan walking beside him, that girl was just a mask, a construct conjured by a fragile girl who was deceived by life. A girl who was tired of being sad and weak, dreamt of being strong and lethal, even if that meant pushing people away and ending alone.

Leo knew that now, he saw through her.

"Okay, fine, I guess that's your defense mechanism talking." Leo let out a sigh, Teagan didn't objectify him. "So, where are we going?"

Teagan took a turn and walked down the hall that led to the school's workshop, maybe he was there. "I'm looking for Ned. We haven't hung out. I don't want him to think I changed him for you- bleh."

"Okay, no need to get all hurtful." Leo defended himself, Teagan pushed the steel door open, almost immediately the sound of hammers and blades cutting through wood echoed in the room. "I don't think Krabby is here. He doesn't strike me as a craftsman."

"He has a name. It's not Krabby, it's not loser, it's Ned. Ned Leeds." Teagan defended her best friend. "And why are you still following me? You look like a lost puppy, have some dignity."

Leo rolled his eyes so hard his head started to hurt, the seventeen-year-old boy was having a hard time controlling his patience. "My dignity is just fine, don't worry about it."

"What's there to worry about?" Teagan chuckled, shooting him a mischievous smirk.

After navigating a bit deeper into the room, Teagan and Leo found Ned accompanied by Peter Parker. Teagan gave them a strange look, not expecting Peter to be there since he's supposed to be in class. Leo, on the other hand, saw Peter in a different light, the teenager had kept it a secret about what happened that Saturday night. He still had a hard time believing that Peter Parker, nerdy Pete, was actually the Amazing Spider-Man. He didn't share it with Teagan because he wanted to be one hundred percent before confronting him.

"Shh," Teagan whispered at Leo, sky-blue orbs stared into her hazel eyes as they twinkle with mischief, she pressed her thin index finger against her lips motioning Leo to be silent. The boy rolled his eyes and followed Teagan as she tiptoed behind them, Leo walked normally behind her, his eyes peeking over at the glowy thingy resting on the surface of the desk.

Leo immediately recognized the glowy thingy as the power source Cole's goons used to power their weapons. Peter raised the mollet hammer and struck the power source at the same time as Teagan jumped behind them, scaring them. "Boo!"

A loud noise came from the power source, Leo flinched and hurriedly made his way towards them. "What the hell is wrong with you? Put that thing away, now!" Leo hissed, he checked behind them to the teacher, who looked unbothered by the noise.

"Keep your fingers clear off the blades." He said in a flat voice, addressing everyone and no one at the same time as he leafed through the newspaper.

Teagan frowned, noticing the unusual object lying on the desk, Ned and Peter tried desperately to cover it up. "What... What was that?" She frowned, pulling Ned's hands off the object. "Scheisse."

"Uh, that's, uh, a piece of junk." Peter scratched the back of his head, his heart was racing, and his brain failed to come up with a coherent lie. "I found it in a dumpster. Nothing special. I'll just put it-"