CHAPTER SEVEN: FAMILY

the exe file closed itself. austin dropped the wii remote on the ground and used the control panel to go back to the mii channel. kyle two was left alone.

it picked up the remote and went to watch the third video. it started up with a picture of sam. it looked like it was taken from the point of view of the wii itself. as usual, there was a textbox. it identified her as 'SAMANTHA MORRIS.'

hold on, kyle two thought, isn't that henry's last name? are they related?

the mii stepped back. makes sense. she did kind of look like him. and they're both crazy.

under the original text, another sentence appeared, reading 'NIECE.' the mp4 file continued playing, and showed a blurry picture of kyle, also taken from the angle that the wii would be. kyle looked mad, as usual.

'KYLE SANDERS,' the textbox said.

"wow. by what odds," kyle two said flatly.

the textbox below his name read 'THREAT.'

and just like that, the video stopped. kyle two was locked out of the menu. it turned black and a thank you note appeared on screen.

'THANK YOU FOR WATCHING. COME BACK IN 129:00:00 HOURS TO RE-VIEW HENRY'S MEMORIES.'

kyle two froze. those were his memories? but how were they on the wii? and where were austin's? it didn't have time to ask those questions. kyle two had to figure a way back to the mii channel before austin lost it. all of a sudden, the wii became warm again. they must've plugged it in back in.

kyle two appeared in front of the two, back in the mii channel. their faces lit up when they saw it.

"i think we fixed it," sam said.

"yeah, and i just saw your mom's car pull in. am i still spending the night or?" kyle asked.

"definitely after this, yes," sam responded, "you can't really leave since she's here now. so go hide in the closet for now."

"wow. okay then," kyle said, getting up.

he opened the closet and looked back at sam.

"for real? bro."

"would you rather be under the bed?"

"ugh. fine," he said, stepping in and shutting the door.

sam reached forward to turn off the wii. she still had no idea what was going on, or where eteled was. but it didn't matter. she'd find out eventually. she looked over at the clock on her nightstand. it displayed 7:12 PM. it was only 2:40 when kyle got there. that took longer than expected.

she greeted her mom as usual, and made herself dinner. sam told her mom about her day at school, since it was a friday. she gave her mom a kiss goodnight before going to her room and shutting the door. she knew her mom usually fell asleep at 8 since she was so tired from work.

sam opened the closet door to kyle, who was playing geometry dash. he didn't look up at her.

"wh- why are you playing that?" she asked quietly, confused.

"because i can. when can i actually go in your room?"

"at 8, probably."

"but that's like, 40 minutes from now."

"yeah? and?"

"whatever."

kyle shut the door himself, and continued playing his game.