CHAPTER SIX: BIOS CRASH

Start from the beginning

austin looked over behind him, past kyle two.

"aWH-H, lOOks LikE tHeY UNPLugGED uS. i BEt thEY'Re TryING to FiX tHE WIi."

"you're.. austin sanders? that- the one who got murdered? by henry?"

"hMm? oH? DiD hENry sNItch? oR wAs hE bRAggING?"

"no... i watched the tape."

"tHE WHaT?" austin said, pausing.

"didn't you send me there? it was this dark place with a screen and-"

"wAiT. aRE YOu TalKING aBOut tHE oUTlaNDs? HoW diD yOU gEt iN tHE scReEN? wAsN'T iT loCKeD?" he questioned.

"no...? since those two shut down the wii, can you teleport me there? i can try and unlock it for you."

"i'D lIkE tO sEE whAT's On thERE, yEah."

kyle two gave austin the control panel, still holding the small wii remote. the mii grabbed on to the now-human's wrist, and both were transported to the outlands. it hadn't yet gotten used to human austin, and thought that it was way more friendly than the mii one. at least it was someone kyle two could relate to.

the small mii bounced towards the screen. it was kind of excited to be alone with austin for once without having to worry about henry. it gave austin the remote once the tall man caught up with it.

"it's really easy, press a to select things and use the d pad to move your selection."

austin just gave a simple nod as a response, then pressed a. surprisingly, the videos weren't corrupted, as kyle two expected them to be.

"i DOn'T gET iT. hOW cOMe YOu cOUld accESS tHIS?"

"i dunno, i found the wii remote."

austin played the first video in the gallery.

"oH.. tHaT RECordINg. i'm SurE yOU kNOW by nOw, bUt ThAT's kYlE onE. kYlE aND nAthAN hAD tO wAtCH thAT, yOu kNOw. tHEY weRE onLY seVEn wHeN it HaPPened."

kyle two closed its eyes.

"god, i hate henry. what happened to him to.. make him all screwed up like that?"

"hElL iF i kNOw," austin said, "hE's bEen CraZY siNCe hE wAS BOrn, I bET. No WONder nONE oF OuR cOWORKerS evER tAlkEd tO HiM."

austin went to select the second file using the d pad. kyle two put its hand on the wii remote.

"austin- this one's pretty graphic... like, i don't know who made this but if i were to guess it was henry. there's a bunch of blood and your body in there."

austin straightened up.

"mY.. BoDY? mY cOrPsE aND aLL..?"

"..yeahh.."

he held his hands out in front of himself, staring at them.

"doesn't matter," austin said, rather clearly, "iF it CoulD help ME leave, I dON't CaRE what's ON iT."

he started the exe file and kyle two showed him how to get through the slides.

austin's reaction to the first slide was him laughing at henry's pathetic attempt to seem creepy. once he flipped to the second slide, his mood digressed a bit.

"cAn yOu belIEVE thIS ugLY bITCh kIllED me?" he hissed.

kyle two looked at henry harder. he wasn't most attractive person out there, and the mii could see where austin was coming from.. but it wasn't its place to judge.