My Life As Me

first story here so... don't laugh!!

Sitting in my boring Science classrom I thought about how his hair swept passed his face, his eyes sparkled in the light, and how smooth his lips looked as he talked.  I let out a quick smile as I thought about him.  

"Excuse me Ms. Marquez?? Smiling about the mysteries of chemistry I suppose?"  My teacher, Mrs. Whimsey, asked.  My whole class looked over at my red strucken face and giggled.  I turned back to my book and started my homework.  

"Who were you thinking about?" Sally, my bestfriend, looked at me suspiciously. I blushed as she asked me this.

"Don't act like you don't know?!  Jake.  He's just so sweet and funny." I stared off thinking about him.  The bell rang bringing me back to reality. As me and Sally walked down the hallway, I saw Jake... with Charlotte, the "girlfriend".   "Uggggh," I moaned. "Why?! I mean is she prettier than me? Is she better than me?? She downright is NOT smarter than me."

"Do not think that way! You are so gorgeous.  Come on honey.  She is just a small tidbit of his life.  You are like a segment in his life! You have known him since like EVER!"  She told me. "They'll break up sooner or later, but as of right now, you look at other guys."

I didn't mean to be staring, but I guess I was.  I wasn't staring at her.  I was staring at the guy I've known since before Pre-School. The guy who barely even talked to me now because he wanted to be good enough for the OTHER group.  "Story of my life."