Chapter V - Exorcizamus

Start from the beginning

"Don't bother trying to escape. We'll just knock you out again," Aizawa deadpanned. To back up his statement, the students poised themselves in preparation to fight.

Midoriya looked back up at everyone with a perplexed and fearful expression. "W-why am I tied up? Why is there glass everywhere? What's going on?" The class appeared to be taken aback at his reaction.

Aizawa scrutinised him, "You're trying to trick us."

Midoriya blinked innocently, tears welling up in his eyes, "What did I do? I-I don't even remember how I got here. The last thing I can recall is watching Tokoyami-kun, Shinsou-kun, Jirou-san and Kaminari-kun doing the summoning spell and then I woke up here."

"What summoning spell?" Aizawa demanded, staring down the four aforementioned students.

"Shit," Shinsou mumbled under his breath. Kaminari awkwardly scratched the back of his head and Jirou gazed at her shoes.

Tokoyami explained, "A couple of nights ago, we were practising a—demon summoning spell. Midoriya came in and decided to watch but then he fell asleep..."

"And it never occurred to you to mention this after Midoriya tried to kill us?" Aizawa let out a drawn-out sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. He would definitely scold them later but now was not the time. They had to get to the bottom of this first and foremost. "Let me guess. This was the night before the heroics lesson where Midoriya attacked Hagakure." The guilty students nodded. "Where did you get this spell from?"

Shinsou replied, "I found it in an antique shop when I went on holiday to Romania a while back. I never tried to read it until now." Aizawa gave him a look and he held up his hands, "What? How was I supposed to know it's the real deal?"

Aizawa dragged a hand down his face, too tired for this. "We shall discuss your actions and the consequences later, you four. And I'd like to see this spell for myself. But for now we need to figure out whether this actually is Problem Child, or not." He pondered to himself, "Surely the demon wouldn't just up and leave that easily."

"D-demon?" Midoriya repeated, perplexed.

"Perhaps it got scared when we captured it, so it fled?" Yaoyorozu suggested, receiving a few nods of agreement.

"Or maybe it's still in him but Midoriya-kun is in control right now," Ashido said.

"Or it's just tricking us again!" Bakugou stated angrily.

"Hey! Why don't we ask him a few questions only Midoriya-kun would know?" Kirishima suggested.

"Good idea! Can we go up to him?" Ashido asked.

Aizawa nodded, "Not too close, though. Don't let your guard down."

"I don't understand," Midoriya said with a mixture of fear and confusion in his tone as his classmates gingerly approached him.

"Midoriya-kun," Iida said carefully. "Is it alright if we ask you some questions?" The boy nodded uncertainly and Iida continued, "Do you remember our conversation before the Yuuei physical exam?"

Midoriya thought about it then nodded, "I was going to thank Uraraka-san for saving me from falling on my face earlier but you told me not to break her concentration before the exam."

Everyone looked to Iida, who confirmed, "Correct!"

"Midoriya, what were we discussing at the Sports Festival, before our match," Todoroki questioned.

"Uhm...You asked if I was All Might's secret love-child," Midoriya said sheepishly, flushing a little.

"That wasn't quite the part I was thinking of, but it works for me," Todoroki replied. The class stared at Todoroki in surprise, a couple of people snickering.