Chapter V - Exorcizamus

Start from the beginning

The lights flickered in a frenzy as Midoriya stepped beneath them, eerie shadows dancing across the hallway.

As he spoke, it began to sound as though there were two voices. Both sounded like Midoriya but one was distorted in the most unsettling way possible. It was terrifying.
"Where are you hiding~?" The voices chuckled callously. "Come out, come out, wherever you are~! We just want to play!" His footsteps slowed to a stop as he paused by a classroom. Turning his head to the door, he grinned widely and kicked it open to reveal three of his terrified classmates. "Found you!"

Asui's eyes widened, quickly shooting her tongue towards Midoriya in a desperate attempt at buying the others a moment to escape, but her attempt failed miserably as her target dodged with ease.

Without hesitation, Midoriya lurched forward to send a flying kick to Shouji's stomach before grasping Sero's arm and slamming him into a desk. Grabbing Asui's hair, he yanked her out into the hallway and stood over her. "Do you know what happens when the cat catches the mouse?!" Balling his fist, he brought it down against her face. Punching and punching. Asui's screams pierced through the halls and he yelled, "Shut up!" His hands latched onto her throat as he shouted with dual voices, "I SAID SHUT UP, BITCH!" He pressed against her neck, beginning to crush it in his grasp. "Hehehe...haha...HAHAHAHAH!" Midoriya burst into a fit of maniacal laughter, eyes wide and pupils contracted. Tilting his head back in pure bliss, he spoke gleefully, "Ahh...I just love the sound of a life fading away as I crush it in my hands...more than anything..."

"Oi, you damn nerd!" Midoriya's head snapped sideways to perceive Bakugou marching towards him with crackling palms. "You wanna play?! Let's play!"

Midoriya narrowed his eyes, smiling coyly, "This isn't how the game works, Kacchan."

"Too bad. We're playing by our rules now, you bastard," Bakugou grinned menacingly, moments away from reaching the demon. His fists were raised as though ready to fight but his body wasn't as tense as it should have been if he were actually preparing to attack. He was a distraction.

Whirling around, Midoriya's eyes widened at the close proximity of Kirishima, who had crept behind him. Aizawa's binding cloth whipped out from one of the classrooms and secured Midoriya long enough for Kirishima to drop the rosemary over his head. "GAHHHH!" The demon screamed as his neck sizzled painfully. He stumbled away from Asui, his back hitting the wall. Before he could yank the rosemary off, a block of ice latched onto his arms to hold them in place and he grunted in fury. It seemed as though none of Class 1-A had obeyed Aizawa's instructions as they were all quick to leap out of their hiding places, Todoroki's hand outstretched towards Midoriya as his ice secured him in place. Uraraka rushed to help Asui away from the fight.

"You think this will be enough to stop me?" Midoriya let out a cruel laugh, taunting them. Gritting his teeth, he forced his body out of the ice, smashing it into thousands of shards. Grasping the rosemary, he yanked it from his sizzling neck, the beads scattering across the floor. Satou, Kirishima, Bakugou and Shouji stepped towards him to try to restrain him but Aizawa stopped them.

"Keep back!" Still grasping the binding cloth, Aizawa yelled, "Kaminari!" He tossed his end of the cloth to his student and nodded. Kaminari understood immediately and everyone quickly stepped back as electricity travelled down the cloth and hit Midoriya. The demon screeched, body twitching as his legs gave way.

Midoriya panted on the floor, tossing a hate-filled glare at them, "I'll—destroy—you..." His expression drooped and his head lolled as he passed out.

——

Eyes flickering open, Midoriya's head snapped up in surprise. He clocked his teacher and classmates at the opposite end of Class 1-A's form room, watching him intently. He glanced around the room then lowered his gaze to the restraints on his wrists and legs, binding him to a chair.