Chapter 18: The Power of Friendship and Love

Beginne am Anfang

"It seems I underestimated you." Zork said walking in Aadila's direction, she began to back away until she saw he was about to begin an attack on her. Turning, she quickly ran towards the palace. Dodging the attacks, Aadila weaved through homes and alley ways to try and lose him but he had an advantage because of the fact that he was huge! "Hold still. You are only making your death more painful this way!" His voice sent shivers down her spine as she continued to run, but she noticed he halted his attack. Slowing down to take a look, Aadila saw that the soldiers had begun an attack and in the distance she saw two creatures moving away from the city. 

I wonder what the guardians are planning? Aadila looked up again at Zork and saw he had laid his eyes on her again. "You can't escape me!" He yelled causing her to run in the only direction should could. Toward the palace gates. Running as fast as she could towards Seto, Aadila heard something that took her off guard.

"Protect the civilian! We must get her into the palace!" The deep voice yelled as she ran closer to it, keeping her head down. A pair of arms grabbed her and started pulling her into the gates. "Aadila, what are you thinking!?" The same voice said in a hushed tone. Looking up she saw that Seto had grabbed her. "You are not supposed to be here!"

"I got trapped inside the city while I was trying to leave."

"Well, wait in the pala--"

"No! Since I'm here I might as well help."

"Listen, Mahad and Mana are the only ones that trust you. No one else, including me, wants your assistance and to be honest, we don't need it. Guards, help her into the palace!"  A guard came and lightly grabbed her arm but tightened his grip when Seto said, "Keep an eye on her."

"Seto, you're making a mistake! Don't turn into your father!"

"I'm not planning on it."

Being dragged into the palace, Aadila noticed the hundreds of people that were giving her looks and hundreds more that were scared to death. Sighing, Aadila stopped struggling and told the guard, "I won't run. I hope you can trust me." The guard nodded and let her go, but stayed close to her side while she continued to walk around the palace, observing the civilians within. Aadila noticed the poorest of the poor were not within the palace, they were forced to stay outside.

"Excuse me, can I ask you something?" Aadila questioned the guard.

"Yes."

"Why are there civilians still outside? There is still plenty of room in here for them to fit."

"It was a request from the nobles. The captain didn't want to risk denying the request without the Pharaoh's order so he told us to leave them outside."

"Are you insane!? No one is safe out there!"

"But, the nobles requested..."

"I don't care. What if that was your family being forced to stay out there? Wouldn't you want them to be treated the same in a time like this?!"

"I-I-I-I-I guess I w-w-w-would."

"Well, then what are you waiting for!? Get them in here!"

"But the captain..."

"How about I tell the Pharaoh you and the captain decided to leave them out there because you didn't want to deal with lowly people like them?"

"But that's not true!"

"The Pharaoh won't know that."

Wide eyed, the guard ran towards the palace entrance and Aadila smirked. She just killed two birds with one stone. She saved a few people and she got that stupid guard away from her. Aadila made her way back outside, keeping out of sight so no one would notice her and when she got to the gate she saw something. How did I not see that along the way?! A creature as tall as Zork, it looked like a giant warrior.