Chapter 12: The Past Is The Future

Start from the beginning

The Pharaoh stood from Aadila's side and made his way toward the balcony outlooking into the square. The city was in flames! Looking just within the palace walls, he saw Bakura, appearing to be blocked.

"You can't contain me!" He yelled, moving his horse to jump a steep drop to the ground. "Till we meet again!" He rode into the burning city and out of it's borders, followed by mysterious men in cloaks.

The Pharaoh looked up and saw something strange in the sky and then heard, "Aadila, you must rest! You have been through a lot!"

"I must apologize! Your Majesty. I am terribly sorry for my foolishness! It's my fault Bakura got away. I will take any punishment you deem fit!" Aadila was on one knee, knowing that it was possible that the Pharaoh would give her a punishment. 

"No it's fine. You must rest." He didn't even turn around, he just continued to stare at the sky. "Shimon, tell me. What is that strange object in the sky?"

Mahad, Aadila and Shimon all looked up to where to Pharaoh pointed. 

"What do you mean?" Mahad said, helping Aadila to her feet.

"Up there. That pyramid."

"I'm sorry your Excellency, but I don't see anything." Shimon said. Aadila looked over to Mahad and he nodded in agreement. 

"But it's right there in plain sight!" 

"Pharaoh?" Mahad questioned. 

"Let's go in. It's been a long day." Shimon suggested, turning to walk back into the palace. 

"Very well." The Pharaoh said, with some shame in his voice and turned to follow Shimon, with Mahad staying with Aadila who was staring off into the starry sky. The truth was, however, Aadila didn't think he was crazy. Because if he was, then she was losing her mind as well. Where the Pharaoh had pointed she saw an upside-down pyramid in the sky. 

"My King, you fought bravely." Aadila and Mahad turned to see Aknadin and Seto in front of the Pharaoh.

"Yes, because of you we can all rest well." Seto added.

Aadila walked past the two and back into the palace. It appears that she had regained her full strength and what had occurred earlier did not effect her in any way.

"Aadila, please rest. You gave us all a scare earlier." Mahad was behind her but she was hoping someone else would follow her to see if she was alright.

"I'm fine Mahad. I appreciate your concern but I must check on my family."

"But you were so weak you could barely stand! I don't understand how you could have gained and lost most of your life energy so quickly."

"It's none of your concern Mahad, now if you'll excuse me." Aadila quickly bowed then walked to the room her family was in. She found her twin brother with tears in his eyes and her sister face in the linens of her father's bed.

There, lied a dead man, her father. His chest was no longer rising. His face much paler than his normal tanned skin. Aadila just stared at the body and felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned and stepped back a bit, seeing her older brother behind her. She didn't know what he would do to her because of his emotions but she eventually saw there would not be a repeat of what had occurred earlier. He had guilt and sorrow in his eyes along with tears flowing down his face. They embraced in a hug like they had when they were younger and Aadila started to cry. As she cried some servants came in and saw the scene, their hearts breaking as the young children of the dead man could do nothing. There were no words that could describe their heart break and eventually some priests and priestesses came and began to prepare the body for the funeral. The late king declared that Aadila's father would have a funeral fit for a king before he died, so that was what he was to receive. 
*****************************************************************************
Aadila moved her way almost in a trance toward the garden. Little did she know was that the Pharaoh had seen her moving about the garden from his balcony. He could tell that she was heartbroken, for he could hear her tears from where he stood. He didn't know the reason for her tears but he was saddened none the less. As he looked down at the girl that he wish he knew more about, he thought of his friends back in the other world that he had spent years in. Tea, Joey, Tristan and Yugi were all needing him to defeat what ever the evil was here, so they could live on in the world he had come to know and love. He stared at the cartouche that Tea had bought him when they landed in Egypt and only made him more determined to do what he must.