You can't own me

"What the hell was that?" I say as we both stand in the middle of the living room. Harry runs his blood covered hands through his hair and winces. The adrenaline was now wearing off, leaving him to feel his raw knuckles. "Why did you instigate this further?"

Harry looks confused as his eyebrows mash together. "Excuse me?" He says but I know he knows what I'm talking about.

"Coming in like some kind of fucking white knight— you knew it was Luke at the door, you could've stayed in the room while I handled him!"

"How is this shit my fault?" He sounds offended.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now, Harry?" I say in disbelief. Surely he had to be kidding otherwise he wouldn't look away. "All of this could've been avoided. Easy. But no, of course your pride is too fucking big to allow you to stop and think rationally!" I was angry and Harry only stared at me as I made my way to the playroom to retrieve my clothes.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks, standing by the door. He watches as I remove his shirt and throw it on the bed.

"I'm leaving," I say. "I shouldn't have came here." That's right, you shouldn't have. Just as I'm putting my clothes on, Harry groans.

"Look, Beau. You don't have to leave, let's talk about this."

"There is nothing to talk about, Harry. You already made the situation far worse." Maybe I was being too harsh. Sure, I didn't exactly want to be with Luke for much longer but it was my decision to terminate that relationship, not Harry's.

"I'm not going to apologize. I know you weren't happy with him otherwise you wouldn't seek me out."

"I don't seek you out." I defend, although that was not entirely the truth.

"You do," Harry continues. "This is how it usually goes. You do something you think is a good idea and then when it backfires, you seek me out and then I make it all better."

Was I really that fucking predictable? What is wrong with me.

"I am not your mess to pick up after." I say as I push past him to the living room to retrieve my heels. "Worry about fixing your fucked up life instead." I spit.

Harry looks taken aback that I see him look down and take a breath. I had offended him. Or maybe he'd trying to not go off on me and throw everything he's ever done for me in my face. God, I probably sound so fucking ungrateful. "That's not true, Beau." Harry says as he joins me in the living room. He sits down on the coffee table in front of me. "I do it because I love you."

"This isn't love, Harry." I look at him as I finish putting on my heels. "You don't do all this for love, not you at least."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"The reason you do all these things is to have some sort of hold on me. You're a power junkie, you get off on me needing you. The reason behind doing what you do isn't love," I say as I go for my purse. "It's ownership. And I told you since the beginning you can't own me."

With one last look, I turn around and walk out the door. Ignoring the sting of seeing Harry's face flash with hurt. I had been much to angry to even realize the red handprint on my cheek. I still tasted metal in my mouth and as a tear ran down my face, it burned.

H.

Fuck. Honestly, fuck everything. Fuck my life, fuck that scumbag fucking boyfriend of Beau's and fuck that maintenance worker that I know for a fact, is stealing from me.

Maybe I shouldn't have come out of that room, maybe I should've stayed in and let her handle her shit. No, there's absolutely no way I would've let her go through that alone. I enjoyed the satisfaction of seeing Luke's face recoil with anger when he saw me, though.

Fuck, this is what she's talking about! Having some sort of power kink or some shit. She wasn't wrong, I mean my therapist was the first to let me know. I didn't believe it then until she started questioning me about my sex life.

"...What are your kinks?" She asks as she sits back on her stupid fucking therapist chair. All I could focus on though, was the inevitability annoying pattern on the ceiling. Who the fucks idea was it to paint this poor excuse of Michaelangelo's The Creation of Adam? The fucking colors aren't even the correct shade... "Harry?"

I look down to her, our eyes meeting. She looks at me, expecting an answer. What are my kinks? "I'm sorry," I say as I lean back. "Is this allowed?"

"It is crucial that I know this to get to where we want to be. For example, wanting to be praised in the bedroom may indicate that you never got any growing up. Be it from your parents or your peers." She explains.

So what are my kinks? Sure, I try anything in the bedroom with the amount of sex toys I have—but I can manage without them. "I don't think I have a specific kink." I say, truthfully.

"Okay..." She writes something down on her notepad before she looks back up at me. "Are you a dominant or submissive in the bedroom?"

"Dominant." I say without doubt. She smiles and writes down on her notepad again. "What's your verdict, doctor?" By that I mean: what kind of bullshit are you diagnosing me with?

"Well, you've been a bit of a closed book considering we have been here for an hour." She begins. "The word dominant is derived from the Latin dominus which means lord or master. Taking into consideration your position in life and work, seeing as you're a CEO that can only be fitting. CEO's are meant to have strong and powerful qualities, the right qualities it takes to lead. Maybe a male figure in your life saw you as a submissive once before and decided to dominate you, thus shaping you into who you are today. You are controlling and possessive, maybe even secretive. I'm sensing maybe your father had something to do with the way you are now?"

"My father was a drunk." I spat. It repulses me that she'd compare us both.

She's only doing her job.

"Do you recall him being abusive?"

"Mainly to my mother and brother," I admit. All he ever did to me was shout and scare me into the corner of my bed. And also force me to torture that girl in the basement, but I keep quiet about that considering it's still a unresolved cold case. "He forced me to do...things."

"When he did these things to your mother and brother, how would that make you feel?" She asks, a look of concern on her face.

"Helpless..." I say. "I was five when it all started. At least, where I remember it. Could've happened way before for all I knew."

"What would happen after he hurt your mother and brother?"

"My mother would leave. My brother would stay and come in my room. I would take care of him and then it'd happen all over again."

"Do you have any resentment towards your father?"

I would like to kill him the next time I see him. But I don't say that, I'd be back in that isolation room again. "I don't care for him." Is all I say.

My phone ringing drags me out of my thoughts, it was Darien. "What happened?" She asks almost as soon as I answer.

"What had to." I say. "Is Beau home?"

"She was, I didn't get the chance to speak to her because she left again in a hurry."

I open my phone up and go to Beau and I's messages. While she slept last night, I shared her location to my phone and deleted her messages.

"I've done what you've asked. Now can you delete that tape?" Darien asks.

"We'll talk later." Is all I say before hanging up. I quickly change and go out the door.