Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

Lenora hunches, moving closer to me when his foul smell reaches us. It's a straw that lands heavily on my weary back.

I let the partial transformation run through my throat, ignoring the pain of slowly t0rn and rebuilt tissue as I let the deep avalanche of my snarl loose from between my bared teeth. The male's shoulders drop as he blanches, the color seeping out of his skin until he's only a pale ghost of a wolf with machismo he wasn't able to pull off in the first place. Neither he nor his wolf will attempt the disrespect again.

"What they hell are you doing here?" A she-wolf asks from the side.

I can't speak while my throat is reforming, and I don't turn to her either, letting Sweet-girl do the talking.

"You're kidding right? Alpha's edict, Corie."

"Yeah, but I never expected her to be here. She's in fucking heat and it's hard enough to keep them from sniffing around as it is."

"No need to be a bitch," my sister snarls.

Great. I turn, "What about you?" I ask, trying to keep my tone light while taking in Corie's pregnancy first before the rest of her. I wonder who pupped her up and what kind of little moster she will be raising. I expected the person who killed my Honey-girl to raise my hackles further, but the only feelings I can muster up for her are that of remorse. That piece of shit Tyler is a liar, I feel it in my bones, and I need to speak with this wolf if I want the real answers.

Corie doesn't respond immediately, nor with a smart remark as I would have expected from her words with my sister. Her eyes, icy blue with a depth of frost that permeates her self carriage simply gages me as she answers the question I'd thought I had kept to myself, "The father is from a different pack. I was in heat, too. It was the alpha's edict that we all attend no matter the case that night as well."

Her voice is low and scathing, her second soul writhing inside of her with discomfort. I freeze, having read between the lines of her body language.

"You should get out of here," she whsipers to me before I can lose control of my mouth, just above the din of the crowd, warning me, "I know firsthand—,"

"What do we have here?" The grating voice of none other than that fucker Tyler reaches all of our ears.

Corie, the frosty, dominant missile of a wolf actually hunches when she hears him, my sister's second soul grabbing hold of it's human's body and snatching the other she-wolves hand in the sight of danger, dragging the both of them behind me. Fuck.

Their initiiative clear, that I am the dominant wolf they expect to protect them, I stand tall and bare the edges of my teeth in threat. My posture otherwise is relaxed enough, legs shoulder width apart, knees bending just so to both support and ready myself for an attack. My hands are loose by my sides as I take him in.

He sniffs hard, nostrils flaring and eyes dilating with his disgusting display as the wolf in him watches what I don't say, "You smell awfully good, Leanne."

"How's the hand Tyler?" I snark, standing taller.

I feel like a match that's just been struck, a little flame that's dropping down a hole filled with explosives, and he's giving me the perfect opportunity to fix my mistakes. No one will think me a submissive plaything after tonight. I can almost look him in the eye. He only has about ten pounds on me, so we're at even odds.

"I heal fast," he says, daring to take a step forward. His shoulder's straighten, his wolf alive in his chest and liking what he sees. It's not just the smell of sex and need that is radiating from me either. He wants a fight just as bad as I do. He needs a fuck as bad I as well, but he damn well won't be getting it from anyone tonight. I'll make sure of it.

Sacrificed SoulOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara