Part 4 - Nigazhvugal

Start from the beginning

Jeeva : Vaanga Mullai. Please take your seat.

Mullai : Thank you sir.

Jeeva : Mullai, we have to very sadly inform you, that we are laying you off.

Mullai couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was trying to comprehend the CEO's words until she realized what he was saying.

Mullai : But sir, Edhukaga ena lay off pandreenga. I have completed all my work on time. And you can't lay me off at such a short notice.

Jeeva : I understand Mullai you are shocked. But I am afraid I can't help it. We had to lay off many other employees as well.

Mullai : But Sir, I have worked in this company for almost a year! How can you lay me off?

Jeeva : our company is short of funds. And that is why we can't afford to pay your salary.

It was a lie, Jeeva couldn't find any reason to lay off Mullai as she is one of the smartest and efficient employee. He had no other option than to lay off few employees along with her. It was Kathir's idea and he even promised to make up for all the lay offs in Jeeva's company. So there is no other go Jeeva had to accept it.

Mullai took a deep breath and asked,

Mullai : Okay, since when should I stop reporting to work?

Jeeva : Tomorrow itself.

Mullai was angry and upset at the same time. She felt as if Murugan she had prayed to in the morning hadn't listened to her. She felt as if life was playing a cruel joke on her.

Mullai : Ana sir, Nalaikey yen poganum. Notice period kuda ilama ipdi abrupt ah ena velaiya vitu poga soldreenga. It's not fair.

Jeeva :  We can lay off employees for lack of funds without any advanced notice. Here is your resigning letter. Please take it along with you before leaving. Iam sorry Mullai. En kai la edhuvum ila. Neenga purinjipeenganu nambren. Wish you all the best for your future endeavours. We will settle all your PF and salary balance in a week.

Mullai : Okay, Sir. Thank you.

Mullai took the letter and left the office without a word. She felt that her entire world had come crashing down. She thought that how would she face her parents. She started packing the stuff on her desk.

Minnal : Enachu d?? Edhuku un desk la irukara things la pack panitu iruka??

Mullai couldn't control her tears. She hugged Minnal. She started crying inconsolably.

Mullai : Ena velaiya vittu thookitaanga d.

Minnal : Ena d soldra?? Epdi ivlo short notice la epdi d?? Adhum ne nala perform panirka apram epdi d ??

Mullai : Enaku salary thara avanga kita funds ilayam d?? Idhu ena reason nu purila.

Minnal hugged Mullai tightly , who was on the verge of an emotional breakdown. Minnal consoled Mullai saying that she could apply elsewhere and with her record she could get a job very easily.

Mullai : Minnal enaku vera job kedaikum enaku theriyum ana veetla amma appa kita ena d soluven?

Minnal : Hey aladha d.. vaa naanum varen unkuda veetuku. Appa amma kandipa purinjipanga seriya.. vaa polam. Aparam na edhuku iruken nama vera pakkam job thedalam ne un resume anupu nanum try pandren ok va. Seekram job kedachirum d. Kavalapadatha naan iruken.

Mullai felt a bit relieved.

Mullai : Seri d.. iru na wash room poitu vandheren face wash panitu varen.

Minnal : Seri d poitu vaa.

Mullai went to the washroom, washed her face. The present circumstances were really troubling her.

Minnal : Polam d, Veetla paathu pesiklam don't worry.

They reached Mullai 's apartment. Minnal rang the doorbell and Paru ma opened the door.