EXTRA 7: Highlight of My Life

Start from the beginning

...

WHY!?

Yuuji's eyes widen slightly as a weak smile makes its way on Yuuji's face. He looked...disappointed. Kei's heart ached.

"I see..." Yuuji replies.

Awkward silence fills the room, something Kei wasn't used to. Ever since he became aware of his feelings for Yuuji, he became more conscious and his ability to naturally adapt into awkward sitautions suddenly vanishes when it comes to Yuuji.

He had to remind himself that this was his chance. He can't just keep dodging forever. "I also came here for another reason."

Yuuji perks up.

Kei continues. "To tell that I..."

Kei mumbles something incoherent. Yuuji comes closer, their bodies inches away. Kei's heart beats faster as Yuuji asks for him to repeat what he said.

"Yuuji I..."

"..."

Kei grips the hem of his sweater. "...I like you."

"..."

"..."

Did Yuuji hear him clearly? Kei was sure he said more louder this time.

"Wah!"

Yuuji suddenly gripped both of Kei's arms and asked, a hint of desperation cracking through his voice. "What do you mean by like?"

Kei freezes. "Like...as in...I want to go out with you."

Yuuji confirms. "Go out as in literal going out or...confessing with intentions-"

"Romantic, okay!"  Kei burst, closing his eyes and wanting to cover his burning face if it weren't for Yuuji holding his arms so tightly. "I want to date you and do couple things with you!"

"..."

"Yuuji?" Kei opens his eyes hesitantly. "I'm sorry, did I..."

Did I ruin everything?

Before Kei could say anything, he was suddenly engulfed into a tight embrace. "Yuuji!?"

"Kei, I also like you."

"...Eh!?" Kei shouted in disbelief, unable to see Yuuji's flustered yet joyful expression.

--

Highlight of My Life:Side Takahashi Yuuji

"You'll find that someone too. He's closer than you can imagine."

These words have been following Yuuji ever since that day he confessed to Shin. He thought about it multiple times and only then did he realize when he had to seperate with him once more.

Miyazaki Kei.

No one was close to him like Kei was.

"Yuuji, look what I got!"

"Yuuji, welcome home! Your mom and I are baking together!"

"I know you like this brand, that's why I got you this!"

"Oh! Look! Isn't that the game we used to play together when we were kids!?"

"Yuuji, I'll always be there for you!"

The person closest to him all along, the one he truly held dear in his heart ever since childhood is...Miyazaki Kei.

The childhood friend he would always stick to was in fact someone he held dear for so so long. It hit Yuuji like a hurricane that it took this long for him to realize. Because of the guilt he felt towards Shin, he hadn't realized what his true feelings were.

Guilt isn't true love.

He understands that more than anything after the confession and talking with Haruto. Love is...being ready to hold on and let go.

Didn't he want to hold onto Kei?

Those were his feelings when Kei moved away when they were kids. He wanted to hold on so badly but he was powerless to do so...

But now...Kei's back.

Kei has returned to his side.

And this time...

I'll completely hold on.

No matter what.

--

"I like you, Kei." Yuuji confesses. "It was always you."

"Yuuji..."

"My feelings for you are genuine." Yuuji adds firmly, leaving no room for doubt. "I realized that you were the one I wanted to hold and cherish. I still do now, I want to always hold and cherish you."

"..." Kei's eyes widen, his body trembling in shock and happiness.

Yuuji holds Kei closer, "And I will gladly tell you over and over again, when or where, I will choose you."

Kei knew that Yuuji will explain to him everything and he will listen. Their relationship will grow and they continue to nurture it lovingly.

The two embrace each other in silence, digesting their new relationship and realizations. They're really together now.

Then...

Kei is reminded of his original objective.

"Yuuji...?"

"Yes?"

"Can we...go on a date?" Kei asks, head down but eyes looking up at Yuuji in anticipation. Yuuji nods immediately with a smile and holds Kei's hand.

"Wherever you want go, I'll follow."

And they'll have the time to talk about all the things they want to tell each other. The hidden feelings that they've had since childhood. They were finally aware of it and there was so much to unload and make up for all the years.

Kei hums cheerfully, his eyes full of joy and adoration for Takahashi Yuuji and the same can be seen in Yuuji's eyes for Miyazaki Kei.

This was another one of his days he would like to highlight.

And so he did.

They couldn't believe it...Childhood until today...

They've been Sweethearts Since.

~~~~~~~

Helloooo everybody!

How are y'all doing today?

And so KeiJi/YuuKei have confessed to another and are finally together!

ALSO

ALSO

It's gonna happen y'all

Haruto wasn't joking around.

He was actually serious with his advice.

And this is the final Extra that I will be publishing. I am sad to let this go, but this is where everything is concluded. Everyone's stories have been told and they will continue to live happily and create memories. Thank you so much for joining me and this story and its characters.

Thank you for the all support, views, votes and comments.

I'll see all of you in the next note~