EXTRA 7: Highlight of My Life

Start from the beginning

It only fueled his entire body to combust.

Yuuji's mother chuckled and opened the door wide for him. "Go ahead."

"Thank you!" Kei quickly rushes in and enters Yuuji's room. Oh crap, did he really like his best friend now!? Why did Haruto have to go and say that!? Kei squats on the floor, hands over his head as his eyes swirl in confusion. His feelings were all over the place, puzzled as to how he really feels towards Yuuji.

One thing was for sure, he wanted to spend time with Yuuji again.

He couldn't exactly tell what emotions he was feeling right now, but he wanted to be Yuuji.

Kei looks up to see a lot of his things lingering in Yuuji's room. Kei stands back up and began to collect his articles of clothing. After a few minutes, he meets Yuuji's mother downstairs who was cleaning the hallway. She smiled gently. "Did you get everything? Nothing missed, right?"

Kei smiles back. "Mhm, thank you Takahashi-san."

After a bit of small talk, Kei leaves the house and walks back home.

"..." Ahh, I want to see Yuuji.

As he thought about more, he decided not to care if it romantic or platonic. He just wants to Yuuji. That's all.

--

Romance Marathon Day 25.

Best friends to Lovers theme novels and movies.

Kei choked.

Romance Marathon Day 26

Contacting a dating coach to explain his feelings.

Dating coach is intrigued.

Romance Marathon Day 27

I like Takahashi Yuuji.

In a romantic way.

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE I'VE LIKED HIM UNCONSCIOUSLY!!?

--

It was a day after their class reunion. Yuuji would be leaving the next day to return to the hospital in their town for work. Kei mustered up all his courage to confess to Yuuji at this moment or else he'd have to wait for who knows how long for Yuuji to finally get off of work.

"Kei? What are you doing?"

"Y-Yuuji!"

Yuuji suddenly opened the door, blinking in confusion. "I saw you from my window. What are you doing? Come inside."

"E-Excuse me then!"

The two retreat inside Yuuji's room. Kei was slightly surprised. Yuuji's room almost looked empty however filled with much paperwork. Ever since Yuuji came back, the roles have switched yet again. Yuuji was the one to come by Kei's house more often and leave his things there, notes and gifts.

"It does look a bit empty, huh?"

Kei covered his mouth. Did he say that out loud!?

Yuuji scratched the back of his head. "Your things is what made my room look like a normal room Kei."

Kei gulped. "I-Is that so?"

Yuuji nods before clearing his throat. "So what brings you here?"

"I well..." Come on, Kei! Don't chicken out! You can do this! No matter what happens you have to confess! "I came here to give you the new pamphlet for our Stationery Store!"