oblivion

CHAPTER THREE
" oblivion "

   Bonnie was in the crypt with Silas and Liv, watching Liv attempt to learn the needed spell. She walked out as Enzo's yell echoed in my ears. "Is everything all right in there?" Bonnie nodded slightly, announcing Silas was a bad mentor when she came into our view. Wind starting gaining speed and howling out of nowhere.

   Enzo stood up, letting go of my wrist for the first time in what felt like forever. "It's back." I was rubbing the warmth Enzo's hand left on my wrist away as Silas came out of the crypt as well.

   "She's ready. Let's get on with it." Silas states, just as Enzo flies away from my side - being pulled by the darkness. I tried to ground myself, knowing that if bigger-and-heavier Enzo was taken, I could be, too. Enzo slammed into a tree when Silas went to reach for him, but Silas was only slept away, too.

   "Help me." Enzo asked to no one in particular, his eyes flashing between Bonnie and I. I went to reach out my hand, but missed Enzo's hand as I myself flew away. Bonnie grabbed Enzo's hand as I gripped onto Enzo's waist; quickly wishing Enzo never let go of my arm.

   Enzo pulled himself towards the tree with Bonnie's help, me moving with him. Enzo's back was against the tree now, using it as a barricade from the darkness, holding me to his chest with one arm. Enzo's other hand was holding onto Bonnie, who started reaching for Silas. Her arms weren't long enough to reach him, but even if they were, I don't think Bonnie would've helped. "Bygones," she mutters as Silas gets blown to oblivion.

    It was scary, seeing this side of Bonnie. Before I died, she was always the nice one, too nice for her own good. I didn't hate it, though. It was satisfying seeing her stand up for herself instead of putting others first for once. I could tell she was satisfied, too, but the smile on her face as she watched Silas get further from us.

   The wind died down quickly. Bonnie excuses herself to go find her Grams, leaving me alone with Enzo again. Enzo didn't reach for my arm again, maybe believing I wouldn't run with the end so near. I was nervous, though, scared even, of being blown off like Silas. I slipped my hand into his, embarrassed.

   "Just in case the darkness comes back..." I muttered, ignoring eye contact as he tightened his hand around mine. To think I'd go from complaining about his grip on me all day, to willingly hold onto him myself.

    Enzo and I were in the crypt now, waiting for everything to be in place to cross over. I was still skeptical. We watched Liv chant the spell for a while, and she didn't seem strong enough to do it much longer. Bonnie was in the graveyard, dozens of Travelers passing through her while Liv chants. I didn't love the plan of Elena and Damon killing themselves to kill all the travelers, but I couldn't really express that in my current state.

    I could hear Elena's voice, calling for Bonnie outside. Once I hear everyone pass through, I planned on going myself- still keeping myself hidden just in case. Things were looking good, though, as long as Liv can keep the chant going.

    "Did it work? Are you..?" I eavesdropped on Bonnie and Elena's conversation. Elena said Yes, almost too happily for being dead. Bonnie let out a sigh of relief, "yeah?"

     "Did Damon?" Elena asked, my heart stopping for a second at the thought of maybe he didn't. Bonnie was clearly worried, too. She didn't say anything in reply, unsure of what to say, until Damon's voice was heard.