Leaving You

• Dedicated to Sally Cook

The hallway was silent...

Everything was as quiet as can be, except the monitor beeping telling us, telling everyone that she was still here. That she was still alive, she was still with us but could she pull through? Could she survive? Or, would she die in front of my own eyes today. I looked at her, her light blue eyes shining back at me. I didn't want her to leave as you could see, the tears in our eyes as she began to die. The silence in the room, she would be leaving here so soon. She didn't deserve to die today, she didn't deserve the pain I say, how could he do this to me? Is it my fault, everyone’s gone away? Is it my fault I'm not ok...

I watched her, smiling at me I could read her lips as If a shining sea, telling me not to cry, telling me to say goodbye, to watch her leave the world today would be the hardest thing I've ever done. She would be alright, she would be ok, in a better place sad to say. I grabbed her hand and, said goodbye with the sad most sorry sigh, she left me in the room, and the line stopped beeping too. A flat line, the look in her eyes, saying goodbye I could almost die. I sat in cried in the corner of the room, her spirit leaving her body, in the middle of the room. The screams inside, the lies I hide, everything is because of me, everything is for you, but you leave me oh to soon. I say goodbye to you my darling wishing you were here, watching the stars, wishing you were here and not gone out so far. Saying to you so long and goodbye, and tonight I will not cry.