51

——A few months later——

It's time for the last round in the f1 season. It's been a pretty impressive season for my first year and Lando has had a really good year too and the whole team in fact. One of our best seasons so far.

The top ten in the championship are
Max
Lewis
Lando
Valtteri
Y/n
Charles
Alex
Carlos
Pierre
Daniel

It was shaping up to be an amazing end to the season. Lando and I were already locked into position. We couldn't move up or down. I was still extremely happy with how my first season has went. In order for Lewis to win the championship he would have to win and max finish 6th or lower so it was looking as if max was the favourite to win the championship. My contract was confirmed for another year with McLaren so it was looking good for the future.
——————
We arrive to the track Friday morning for practice.

L-I can't belive it's the last race of the season it's crazy

Y/n-it really is and oh my god what a season we have had

L-incredible

*knock kncok*

Y/n-come in

Z-oh great both of you are here, could you guys get ready fp1 is in half an hour

L-on it now

Z-great see you in the garage

Lando gives me a kiss and goes into his room to change and warm up. I get into my gear and do some warm ups then make my way out to the garage.

I talk to the engineers and go through the strategies and simulations we will run.

I get into the car and make my way out. We run through a few sims and do pretty well. When I come back to the garage I see lando top of the time sheets. I get out of my car and see him talking to Jon. I walk behind him and hug him.

Y/n-well done babe

L-awh thank you, but it's only practice so we will see tomorrow, but the car seems amazing, how about you?

Y/n-I was p5 a few changes need to be made but it's looking good

We all go for a debrief then to lunch. Me and Charlotte go back to my room because the lads are watching a golf tournament. Me and Charlotte wanted to chat and every time we spoke we got hushed.

—-Lando POV———

Okay great the plan worked. Thank god. I didn't realise watching golf was so much more boring than playing.

J-so what's up?

L-I'm planning a surprise for y/n but she can't know

Z-oh what is it

L-here take these. DONT LET ANYONE SEE THEM and do not tell anyone. NOT EVEN CHARLOTTE JON!!

J-okay okay I hear u

I hand them a sheet of paper each with all the information on it.

Z-sounds great we will do our best to help

L-thank you