Chapter 10: The Curtains Close

Comenzar desde el principio

Alfia: What's wrong?

Hera: I-It's Bell, he went missing!

Alfia: WHAT?!

Astraea: He had an arguement with Hera and went to his room. Zeus went to talk to him and when I went in to check on him, he was gone.

Hera: The crazy old man let him loose.

Riveria: With any luck, he probably found Ais and the two of them went fighting together, she went missing as well.

Alfia felt her blood boil as anger took hold.

Alfia: I'm going to kill that old man! Zald!

The man turned to Alfia when he was in the middle of being healed.

Alfia: Bell is missing, we need to find him.

Hera: You can't, not in your condition!

Alfia: I don't care, I'm not about to lose my last family!

Riveria: Alfia, I am already healed, I can go look for them!

Astraea: She's right, you can't look for Bell if you're this injured!

The silver haired woman grunted in annoyance. She knew they were right, but she couldn't leave this task to someone else.

Alfia: Alright, I'll let you go first, but after I'm healed I'm joining in the search!

Riveria: Very well, I'll be off.

Astraea: Thank you.

She bowed in gratitude as the high elf left to find the two kids. She raced from rooftop to rooftop looking for any signs of them. Riveria grew more anxious until she finally spotted them on a road leading to Babel. She quickly jumped down to them.

Riveria: BELL! AIS!

The two kids heard the voice and began looking for it when they heard the high elf land near them.

Bell: Miss Riveria?!

Riveria was relieved to see them okay, but that vanished when she saw how hurt they were. Her relief quickly turned to anger before Ais got nervous for what would happen to them.

Ais: Uh oh.

*Bonk*

Ais: Oww~

Riveria: What were you two thinking?! This is no place for children to be!

Bell: But-

Riveria: No buts, this wasn't your battle, you had no right to be here!

Ais: We can't just let you do all the work, we wanted to help!

Riveria: No, this is a job for adults, not children! Now, come with me, you two need patching up.

The three walked back to Babel in silence. Whe they arrived, Hera and Astraea were relieved to see Bell. Hera and Alfia gave the boy their fair share of scolding while Bell sat on his knees and took it.

Hera: And I don't want you to do anything like this again, do you understand me?!

Bell: I'm sorry, grandma.

Hera: I'm just glad you're safe, Bell.

She hugged her grandson who returned it and cried apologies to her. Ais did the same with Riveria, to her surprise as she didn't expect the girl to be this emotional.

Riveria: (Just what happened to them?)

The tended to their injuries and went back to their homes with the kids so they could rest. It had been a long night and Orario needed to recover from the attack. It was a victory for the city, but a victory that had heavy costs.

AN: Alright, that's the end of the Evilus attack. A lot has happened to everyone, the kids and adults faced a powerful monster. I had Alfia change up her spell's effect on the spot. It usually becomes an anti magic armor upon being cast on the user, but what if the effects were reversed? Instead of being cast on the user, what if it went to the enemy? Instead of an anti magic armor, what if it became an anti magic seal? It would prevent magic from the inside instead of the outside, which would seal all of the demi spirit's magic and allow them to attack without the risk of their spells being copied. Along with that, it would undo the effects of the boosting spell it cast and make the monster weaker. There's no doubt everyone would grow from this so there will be status updates for them to look forward to tomorrow. Even if this was a win for them, they still had losses. RIP Shakti.

Well, the next chapter will be the preparation for the next arc that will be started after. As always, I hope you enjoyed and I will see you in the next one.