Chapter 10: The Curtains Close

Start from the beginning

She stopped when his words sparked an idea.

Alfia: (I don't have one like that, but not exactly. I can cast an anti magic armor with Silentium Eden, but what if I reverse the effects?) Ottarl, Zald, I have an idea!

Zald: What is it?

Alfia: I don't know if it is going to work, but it's the best chance we have, but you teo have to hold the monster still.

Both: Okay!

With that, Ottarl used his beastification and the two swordsmen charged and used their combined strength to hold it in place. Even with the two of them, they could barely hold so Ottarl decided to grab his second sword and drive it into the beast's stomach causing it to roar in pain.

Alfia: Let's hope this works. Ataraxia!

At her short chant, a silver glow surrounded the monster and the two felt the monster grow weaker.

Demi spirit: What?!

Alfia: I sealed it magic, attack!

With that Ottarl used his increased strength to force the monster down and jump away as Zald and Alfia readied their strongest attacks.

Ottarl: You're not going anywhere!

A few seconds were all they needed before the monster saw why the two were legends.

Zald: Rea Ambrosia!

Alfia: Genos Angelus!

Alfia's spell was already able to wipe out the Leviathan, so combined with Zald's attack, they turned the demi spirit into nothing but dust along with a good portion of the town. All three slumped on the ground and celebrated their victory.

Ottarl: Hah... we won.

Zald: Heh, good thing there weren't any people around. You holding up okay, Alfia?

Alfia: I will if you be quiet.

With that, the major pieces of the Evilus attack were dealt with, only the remnants remained to be destroyed, but that would be for later. After resting a bit, they returned to Babel where they saw many others regrouping. Zald went to Finn to tell what happened.

Finn: What in the gods happened to you?! Looks like a pack of minotaurs trampled you!

Zald: Not far off there. There was a strange monster we found. It was ridiculously strong, and there was a green woman on it's back casting spells.

Finn: What?!

Ottarl: It's true, it was a combination we almost couldn't beat.

Finn: It's good to know you all came back alive. For the rest of the attack, there were still a lot of casualties. Many adventurers died and we even lost a handful of gods in the attack.

The three hardened their gazes after hearing that. Adventurers were defenseless after losing their blessing.

Finn: Ganesha had taken the hardest blow after any god. Many of his children were killed while protecting the civilians, including his captain.

This shocked the three of them.

Alfia: Shakti is dead?!

Finn: Ardi is over there with her sister's body with the Astraea familia.

He pointed over to where they had carried her body and they could see the girl crying over the now covered body of her sister. Ganesha was with her grieving as well.

Ottarl left for his goddess and Alfia went to check in with their allies. Alfia walked to Alise and saw all of her familia hurt in one way or another. They explained the situation to her and she understood what happened. The girl's crying was annoying to her, but she was willing to put up with it since fewer things hurt more than losing family. She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard running in their direction. Alfia turned and saw Hera and Astraea with worried looks on their faces. Riveria soon caught up after as she was just freshly healed.