7

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
upper side dreamin'
   ゚・。・ ゚
|feeling like shart these past few days but i logged onto wattpad and saw that my book has 100 reads! it might not be much but its great for me, knowing people actually read my stuff :)
| this imagine is inspired by the time i studied upper side dreamin' but struggled to do the shuffling part during the chorus

"open up your arms and then just do that with your fingers," riki instructed, doing the steps slowly for you to copy. "then just...pull them back and out again," he pulled his elbows to his side and outstretched them again in a swift motion, "like quickly," he added, looking at you through the huge mirror upfront.

"like this?" you asked, mimicking his moves, the tapping and squeaking of your shoes echoing throughout the room. riki smiled widely and nodded, "yes, okay—do you remember everything from the start?" he asked, handing you a bottle of water.

taking a sip, you smile and hand it back to him, mumbling a thanks.

"alright let's try from the beginning then,"

he placed the bottle on a chair then turned back to the mirror,

"ready?"

you nod, quickly doing a recap of all the steps in your head

"3....2...1....꿈의 꿈으로 난 ride," riki sang as he started dancing. you follow the steps with him, keeping in mind the countings of each step he had taught you earlier.

you clap happily, "my god, this wasn't so bad after all,"

riki laughs at this with a triumphant look on his face, making you roll your eyes. the blonde raised his arms in the air,  "why didn't you want to dance with me in the first place anyways? you're doing so well," he asked, teasing you slightly.

"because," you say,

"because what?" riki curiously questioned.

"because...well— because, you're such a great dancer and it's kinda embarrassing for me," you finally admit, "i'm not on your level. you know what i mean?" you continue, wiping the sweat off of your face with a towel, doing motions with your hands to emphasize how his dance skills are way above yours.

he looks at you somewhat offended even if you hadn't insulted him.

"what-? you're amazing! and you don't have to be on my, quote on quote, level to be," he reassures you, giving you a playful hug, which you jokingly scrunched your face at.

"get your stanky body fluids away from me," you jokingly say with a laugh, pushing riki away.
he teases you by inching closer to you with this terrifying grin on his face.

even if you won't admit it, what riki said really took some weight off of your chest. you were slightly embarrassed to seriously dance around him because he was so much better, but now you realize that he doesn't care if you're the best or the worst at dancing because he'll still support your every move and learn choreographies with you either way.

"shall we continue then?" he asks you, causing you to smile. you quickly fix yourself and walk back to your spot.

"we're studying the '한여름 밤의 dream, summer night, summer night,
My dream, summer night' part," he sang, easily doing the steps, giving you a brief moment to take in the steps you were about to learn.

you try doing what he did, but you struggle to coordinate your movements."i don't know how to shuffle," you say, defeat lacing your tone.

he pats your back, "that's alright, let me show you slowly then we can build from that."

"legs first; lift your right leg first like this,"

you lift your right leg,

"m hm"

"okay, then open like this."

"open" you mumble as you jump from your left foot to both of your feet apart from each other— one infront, the other behind you.

"m hm, then you jump back to the middle but your left leg is up this time,"

"okay.."

"then you open up again,"

with confidence slightly bigger than from your first attempt, you do the foot work all together.
riki claps, "okay good, now try doing it a little bit faster," looking at you hopefully with his hands on his hips.

"it looks wrong," you sigh out exasperately. you try again but you find it difficult to do smoothly.
the rest of the afternoon was spent by riki teaching you how to do the shuffling.

"i don't think i can do this," you say, plopping onto the polished wooden floor, on the verge of giving up. you breath out heavily, feeling ashamed. "hey, it's fine," riki comforted, "you're starting to get it, with just a little bit more practice, you can get it right," he reasons. you sigh out, "you're only saying that to make me feel better."

the boy chuckled at this,

"i'm glad if it makes you feel better but i'm honestly saying that your shuffling isn't even as bad as you think,"

"really?"

"yeah,"

"how about we call it a day? let's wash up then get some food?" he asks you, "we can practice again tomorrow if you'd like,"

"okay" you smile,

"i'd like that."

|vote if you'd like :)