Chapter 6

Stormpaw was waiting outisde the medicine cat's den. He felt like it was taking forever to get one single sign...Greypaw came over and looked confused at her brother saying:

"-What's wrong? Why are you sad?"

"-M-mom....she's- in Leaffall's den..."

"-WHAT?! No!!" said Greypaw hissing.

Stormpaw suddendly looked at the den entrance....he saw Snowpelt and Leaffall. Greypaw got up and said:

"-Is Stormstar okay?!" she asked.

Leaffal lowered her head and said:

"Stormstar- has lost her first life...we tried everything but...she unfortunately passed away. She still has 8 more lives left, but I guess we still shouldn't be happy. We don't know if this will weaken her....or not."

Snowpelt sat next to Leaffall also looking with grief at her.

"-Will she be okay?" asked Stormpaw confused.

Leafall nodded and continued:

"-She's gonna be fine. It takes time for leaders to come back after they lose a life. All we have to do is wait..."

Snowpelt went to the other cats and announced them that Stormstar lost her first life. The crowd gasped shocked at the words and everyone decided to wait for their leader.

Some time passed by and finnaly Stormstar was coming towards everyone Leafall was next to her making sure she's fine. Everyone gathered near the Highrock and saw their leader was alright.

Stormstar jumped on the Highrock and started saying:

"-Cats of Stormclan...as you probably know I have lost my very first life. I still have 8 more lives to live, no one shall worry about this. I want to ask....has anyone ben badly injured during the battle?"

Silence was in the camp at that moment, no one answered.

"-Leaffall, I would like you to make sure no one's wounds are very bad. Don't worry about me beacuse I am fine."

Leaffall nodded.

Stormstar jumped off the Highrock and went towards her apprentice:

"-You can go rest now."

                                                      ~The next day~

Stormpaw was on a patrol with Snowpelt, Juniperberry, Deerpaw, Greypaw and Sharpfang. It was his first patrol ever. Stormstar told him how patrolling borders work, he has to renew the scent markers on every rock or tree he sees. It wasn't neccesary to mark all of them, at least 10 would be enough. 

The patrol split up in 3 groups, each group having 2 cats. Juniperberry and Snowpelt, Sharpfang and Deerpaw, Stormpaw and Greypaw.

Stormpaw was walking around and marking a tree. Suddendly his sister came over and asked him something unusual:

"-Hey...Stormpaw?...Do you...know what's wrong with Deerpaw? These days I wanted to hang out with him...but he just stares at me...and-and-I don't know he just freaks me out!He acts like that brute, Dragonsoul!"

Stormpaw didn't answered, he knew Deerpaw changed after he ditched him. He was sure Deerpaw was part of his father's death, in fact what if the rogues that attacked had something to do with Dragonsoul and Deerpaw? What if they were behind this whole rogue situation?

"-Fine! Don't tell me then!" snapped Greypaw, "I'll figure it out myself."

"-Wait!" Stormpaw yelled, "I think I might bring some light to that situation."

Greypaw sat down and waited for Stormpaw to explain.

"-You see....Dragonsoul...he was Leaffall's father, Leaffall's original name was Tawny. His father wanted to get rid of Tawny after her brother's death...Tawny ran away..changed her name to Leaf and she joined the clan, becoming the medicine cat of Stormclan...also hoping she escaped her father....but he came and also joined the clan...he never knew his daughter is Leaffall...Dragonsoul killed Deerpaw's parents...in front of him...he threatened Deerpaw saying that if he tells anyone Dragonsoul will kill him....and he-he also told Deerpaw that if Dragonsoul doesn't become is mentor he will kill Deerpaw's mentor so only he can be it...and you know what that means..."

Greypaw was shocked she wanted to tell something but her brother intrerrupted her:

"-You know that time when I said I had to take care of the elders for 3 moons?" You see....the reason was becuse....Deerpaw and Dragonsoul were having a fight...Dragonsoul attacked Deerpaw for trying to stand up Draginsoul....then whne mom came over....Deerpaw didn't tell him the turth and accused me...ever since then he changed. I think it was also him and his mentor's fault the rogues attacked us..."

"-W-what?! For how long you knew this? And how do you know about Leaffal's old name and all that?"

"-Leaffall told me. I knew for quite a while...you see...I never told anyone becuse no one will belive me...please don't tell anyone...only me and Leaffal knew about this..."

"-Fine. I won't but one day you'll have to tell Stormstar."

Stormpaw nodded. Snowpelt called for everyone to come back and return to camp. Every cat followed her. Stormpaw made a step, but then a brown tom blocked his way, it was....Deerpaw! He stared at the silverish gray tom and hissed:

"-Look out, Stormpaw...don't make enemies with the wrong cats." then he followed the clan deputy.

Stormpaw was confused....what could he mean...? And first of all....Is he the only cat that could stop Dragonsoul and Deerpaw?....