Chapter 7 - Crimson and Shizu's Wish

Start from the beginning

Even his resistance to spiritual attacks can't completely stop the effects of what he calls Soul Fire.

Not that Milim would let him shelve that power. As soon as she discovered it, Dave has mainly been trying to get the hang of it without burning himself to oblivion at the risk of being bombarded with Drago Buster, and while he's made progress in drawing the limits of the skills, it seems he leaves much to be desired by his reaction.

So we were all getting owned by Milim in different ways. We eventually got a break.

And by we, I meant me, Benimaru, Souei and Shion. Dave had a nasty surprise. Well, so did we, but the incoming danger was for him.

Milim got upset at nobody, leaving the five of us in confusion.

"No fair! I'm the first one here, I get to take you guys under my wing! Why is he coming here?!"

A second after she says this, a powerful aura enters our Magic Senses. Dave summons his sword, made of a material I could not comprehend. The sword itself glowed, no idea why either.

As I get done trying to analyse his weapon, the owner of the powerful aura arrives in a crash, making a crater even larger than Milim when she arrived. A cloud of dust quickly rose.

"Mind if I say my hellos?"

"Hey Guy! Why are you here? I was here first, I have the right to mess with them! Not you!"

As she said this, the dust cloud settled, and out of it came a tall man. His deep rouge hair went down to his waist, and his blood red eyes had stars both golden and silver dancing within. His presence irradiated a distant pride, evidenced by how loosely he wore his clothes, consequently showing a lot of skin.

Dave decides to go prod the hornet's nest for some reason.

"Rimuru, give this guy a name. I'm sure you can come up with a far better one than whoever called this homeless-looking bimbo Guy."

Milim burst out laughing. Guy's eyes narrowed, though his face remained overall unchanged.

I have no intention of getting in between whatever is going on here, but I want to make sure my town survives it.

"Mr Guy, whatever you're here for, mind taking it away from this place?"

I got completely ignored. Not a single glance was thrown my way. This was the only thing I had to see to know I wasn't even considered a piece on the board.

Guy's face was stuck looking at Dave. He then states his reasoning for coming here.

"Hey. First time we meet, I think? You've caught my interest. Come over."

A portal was opened. Dave was not letting go of his humour for some reason. Dude, you have a threat right in front of you, can you stop acting like nothing is going wrong.

"Oh, this does not look like a trap."

Before he could back away, the newcomer moved faster than I could follow, standing behind Dave. He quickly turned around, following Guy with his eyes.

"But I have a lovely offer for you, wouldn't it be kind of you to hear it out?"

"It would be kind of you not to force someone into agreeing with you. Furthermore, I happen to be a freedom enjoyer. I'm sorry you got the wrong crowd but that's not how these things wo-"

Before he could keep talking, his right arm was obliterated, and his sword went to the floor. Blood began oozing from his severed limb, and he took a step back. He picked up a Full Potion and threw it on his arm.