Chapter 7 - Crimson and Shizu's Wish

That night, we had a party to celebrate the defeat of Charybdis. Everyone had come together to defeat the disaster class monster, and we won. We all needed to settle down and have fun.

Hakurou sliced a Meg in three, giving us plenty of fillet to eat. Gabiru and Geld were complimenting each other over a drink. Their teamwork was quite good, after all.

The dwarves and Kurobe were checking out the scales from the calamity-class monster. I knew they'd make good weapons. Dave was with them, for some reason. He said he got an idea with the scales attack.

He also asked me for the Charybdis Core. I gave him a replica, on the condition that he sought to help us out when we needed him.

He was a little grumpy about it, valuing freedom as much as he does, but he eventually agreed. We were both aware that whatever was thrown at us could be dealt with even if he(or Milim) doesn't intervene. We would've eventually gotten Charybdis before it reached the town after all, even if the battle was slow-paced.

He made it clear that he would still act on his whim and he wouldn't reveal anything private about him unless he wanted to, but he'd be more lenient.

Anyway, I went with Milim to the hot springs, and Shion, Shuna, Souka and Ellen. She wasted no time and began swimming around. Why do I have to deal with this again?

Oh well, she does deserve a relaxing bath for the help with Charybdis and Guy. Neither she nor Dave told me what that was about, but he was bad news and it didn't take a genius to understand that.

Oh yeah, about Guy Crimson... well, we've got to go back a few hours to talk about that mishap.

...

The sound of blows and metal swings echoed through the woods.

Me, Benimaru, Shion and Souei were on the ground, getting our butts handled by Milim. Dave was with us still standing, but his goal was something else.

The five of us were training with the Demon Lord. Milim was obviously sparring with us, but Dave was not making contact. His skill as a fighter is at the pinnacle of all when it comes to magic-less combat, but he had been trying to adjust to the use of magicules and Skills for a while.

Key word: trying.

He had told me a few things about how his old world worked for us to try and translate magic into this world, but it hasn't been working. So basically every single bit of knowledge he has is pretty much useless in this new world. Which means he has to start learning it from the ground up and ditch his old knowledge of magic.

Needless to say I've never seen him so frustrated. Though I haven't really seen him having trouble with anything.

He had gotten better at a couple of skills though, like his Unique Skills Ancient Locker and Blazing Soul. He had also pretty much mastered his teleportation, though it came as an Intrinsic Skill from what he called an "Enderman".

The former was an imprisonment skill that constructed an elaborate construct of various materials and contraptions through a lot of concentration, all to contain an individual. He was practicing the speed with which he could cast it and how strong the hold on the person inside was.

Spoiler alert: It wasn't very strong. Then again that might be because it's Milim, but she could tear through it after about 5 seconds of fast punching.

The second one was a skill that coated him in an aura of flames, enhancing any attack he desired with a strange fire.

The fire, as far as I'm aware, has two modes, a really hot but standard orange fire and a blue one. He doesn't really use the second one as it inflicts high spiritual damage, something catastrophic to both himself and the targets.