Part 1/ Chapter 1: How it all Started

"Mom!" I yelled as I pushed my way through the sea of tall bodies, "We are going to be late!" I could hear my mother's light giggle along with a deeper more baritone version come from my dad as well. The pitter patter of my shoes clacked numerous amounts of times, making a ruckus as I sped well through the crowd and bumped shoulders with angry bystanders.

            "Kitty slow down!" My brother's frustrated voice came from behind.

            "Maybe if you weren't so low," I puffed out as I halted seeing the golden platform 9 sign, "I wouldn't have to slow down!"

            "Why are you in such a hurry? Is it a boy? Because I will beat him up if it is! You're only eleven for heaven's sake! Oh wait it can't be, you have no friends!" he rambled. I rolled my eyes at him, of course I have friends, but they all went to Beauxbaton because their parents didn't trust them with the mixing of the genders. I mean I don't blame them, some of them were pretty bad, and I just dealt with them because our parents are friends. Sometimes being a pureblood has its downsides. My parents had a different view on how my life should pan out. They wanted me to be very open minded with things, and how other people lived, even the muggle borns and half-bloods. Weird for a pure blooded family right? Well my parents have said they have met great muggles before and I would never go against their reasoning's. I was actually told to stay clear of pure bloods this year, mom and dad don't really approve of most of their ways, but an open mind comes first now.

            "Are you even listening to me Maribelle?" I snapped my head back to David, "Not my fault if you slam right on into the wall you big goof."

            "No I won't, I'm a witch, duh," I said in a matter of factly voice while whipping out my wand.

            "Put that thing away before you stab someone's eye out!" David said.

            "Don't start with me! I've got a wand and I'm not afraid to use!" I said while hitting him repeatedly because I didn't know any spells yet. Probably should have read up on it, but muggle food is so good. 

            "Well she's obviously no Ravenclaw mum, I mean look at her she's hitting me with her wand as a defense mechanism, I mean are you sure she wasn't like that Potter kid and was left at a doorstep?" My obnoxious brother said.

            "Don't you dare?" Mom said and hit him hard on the head with her purse, "Lily was one of my best friends growing up, and the strongest girl I've ever met. And James! The best damn seeker in the entire Hogwarts history! And you know what he did with you know who, so don't you dare talk about that child that way David Annes!" Mum snapped at him. David blushed deep red embarrassed by mum even if it's in front of muggles, it is weird.

            "Okay mum, calm down." She sighed and looked at me, "Maribelle darling child, come to mother dust. I need to have at least one child turn out right so do us well yes?" Oh she should have gave that up a long time ago...

            "Sure mum, but no promises to being a Ravenclaw..."