| 11 | training camp from hell pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"hello, hikari-sensei (shiro) and hikari-san (jiyu) my name is fukunaga aki and this is hayama akira-san. this is our version of hikari-san's steamed egg this. please enjoy." the extra named fukunaga said.

i took a spoon and stuck it in the egg. i dug around to see what ingredients they put and it seems that they put both chicken and shrimp. of course since hayama is here, i'm expecting this to be seasoned perfectly.

shiro and i took a bite and as soon as the egg hit my tongue, i went in a world filled of ecstasy. the soft egg which is steamed perfectly with a combination with the tender chicken and the firm yet soft shrimp.

the egg has that spice and that small kick of bitterness. "it feels like i'm on a cloud~" shiro and i say in sync. i put a hand on my flushed cheek and exhale a breath. 'i never knew how good hayama's dishes are...' i though with a smile evident on my face.

i look at shiro, we nod at each other. we look back at the 2 students in front of us. "fukunaga aki..." shiro starts, "hayama akira..." i continue, "you both pass with flying colors!" we finish together. "congratulations you two." i say with a smile that makes the 2 blush slightly.

the class starts murmuring and exclaiming in surprise. "just in 45 minutes?!" a student asks. "hikari-sensei and hikari-san looked so pleased! how will we beat that?!" a frantic girl exclaimed.

the two bowed with a smile and thanked us. throughout the rest of the time we failed a decent amount of people. with some of those failed students trying again and the rest just giving up. "fail." i say strenly. the pair before us deflate.

i check my phone and see theres only 15 minutes left. i announce the time to the class and they panic. they start rushing, which is a mistake on their part. the last 2 people that presented their dish within the time limit failed.

"a little more than half passed, that's good." i say while standing up. i clap my hands to gain the attention of everyone. "alright! stop everything tour doing, clean yourselves up and board the bus! we wont be joining since we will be visiting a place." i announce. everyone cleans themselves up and they board the bus.

───────🌿───────

shiro and i walk over to the training grounds where shinomiya are stationed. we walked in the building and it seems like we're quite early. i spot gin-senpai standing outside of the door.

i walk over and call out to him quietly. shiro follows behind me and we start having a conversation as well as observing shinomiya's class. finally i see megumi get failed. 'ah it's here...' gin-senpai, shiro and i watch the whole ordeal.

from soma challenging shinomiya to a shokugeki, to him declining, to megumi panicking. "this is getting interesting isn't it?" gin-senpai asks no one in particular. shiro hums in agreement. "what do you think gin-senpai, should a shokugeki happen?"

"because in my opinion, one should. gumi-chan did not deserve that and snarky-san is being mean again, and plus, i would love to see a shokugeki happen" gin-senpai looks at me and raises a brow. he turns to shiro and asks his opinion.

shiro agrees, gin-senpai smirked. shinomiya declined once again and then we walked into the room. i leaned my bath on the wall, gin-senpai leaned on the doorframe with his arm, and shiro just stood there, hands in pockets.

"well, let's not be too hasty." gin-senpai cuts shinomiya off. "you seem to have quite the interesting situation developing there, shinomiya." hinako-nee pops her head out from behind gin-senpai. 'forgot hinako-nee's part of this scene... whoops!'

"yo snarky-san!" i greet him with a small wave and a grin still leaning on the wall. "dojima-san?..."

───────🌿───────

a/n:
i was almost late with this one, i was supposed to finish it today but i didn't so whoops... this is shorter but like at least i updated-

i promise i'll make longer chapters once i actually go to the episodes where jiyu will cook. i'm thinking of another fanfic that i can publish with this but thats i'm not promising that i'm gonna post another fanfic while doing this. i'm gonna fic my uploading schedule first.

i hope you guys enjoyed this so far and thank you for all your support!

love y'all and thanks for reading! 💕

11.19.21