| 10 | training camp from hell pt. 2

───────🌿───────

───────🌿───────

takumi and isami turn to soma and megumi. "well, yukihira soma? you don't seem to have much headway. what are you going to prepare for us?" takumi asks with a small, smug smirk.

"i see. you two were saying you're competing with each other. very well! if i can expect a dish that will be on par with what i just tasted, i will make an exception and judge which of your dishes is better." hinako-nee says with a closed eye smile.

i tune out most of the conversation staring at the ceiling thinking abot what my plan is for the next few days. i snap out of it when i hear hinako-nee start fawning over megumi. i sigh and walk over to the two and take megumi's hands out of hinako-nee's.

"have some respect hinako-nee." i say slightly disappointed. "ah, sorry, sorry." she apologized sheepishly. "anyways, i dare you to make a dish that can surpass ours!" takumi declared pointing to soma.

i let go of megumi's hand and put my hand on her shoulder. "good luck gumi-chan." i say with a small smile and walk out of the building to take a walk. just a few feet away from the building, i can see soma give megumi a list.

i turn back around and walk over to the stream thats within the fence. i sit down by the edge of the stream and take off both my shoes and socks. i dip my feet in the cold water and start to relax.

i can hear some clucking and rustling behind me. i chuckle lightly remembering the difficulty soma went through just to get those eggs. i stand back up and dry up my feet using a towel i conveniently had in my pocket.

i put back on my socks and shoes and walk back to the building calmly and with my hands behind my back. i enjoy the fresh air then hear a lot more noise coming from the entrance. i look at the doors and tilt my head a little.

"good luck everyone." i say with a slightly tilted head and a calm smile. i walk back into the building and into the room and hear fast footsteps behind me. i go to the side and see megumi and soma rush in.

takumi starts complaining about something then crushes the kaki-no-tane in his hand. i tune out their conversation and walk over to hinako-nee and sit right beside her. we start catching up about the events in our life.

after a little while soma walked up to the both of us and presented 2 long slices if fish that were deep fried with the kaki-no-tane as breading. over of the side were some mountain vegetables that were also fried in oil. there was a yellow dip with little.

"here you go inui-senpai, jiyu. please have it before it grows cold." soma says allowing us to eat the dish. "all right, i'll have a taste." hinako-nee says taking some chopsticks and getting a piece of the fish and dipping it in the sauce. i do the same thing and take a bite.