____________________________________________________________

THE HEART OF THE CITY

Men, women and children screamed as they ran in every direction as buildings around them, such as movie theaters and grocery stores, blew up spontaneously. G.C.P.D officers, officers from Kathy's sector, and multiple military groups were littered around, trying to guide the crowd to safe emergency evacuation points set up nearby.

"Let's move it! This way, people!" Commissioner Gordon yelled and motioned. Around him, military and police personnel moved people into large vehicles and continued to guide/tend to them. The city was literally beginning to crumble under the weight of Xenos' relentless attacks; the number of deaths alone, which was now over a hundred, in the past two days was overwhelming on its own. These attacks on the city were indeed bizarre, most notable was during a press confrence two days ago, the Mayor had suddenly started to vomit heavy amounts of blood all over his microphone and soon began to lose his color and vision; there was nothing security could do to prevent his death as he died as soon as he fell to the floor. The crowd went hysterical as they began to shout and flee the scene; unknown to them, Xenos had stood in their presence, plainly dressed, and watched as his spirits raided the body of the unsuspecting Mayor and destroyed him from within. Naturally, Xenos did not allow everyone in the crowd to escape with their lives as he single handedly killed about thirty people in the crowd and then sent his spirits after the rest, announcing to the fleeing crowd that they were creating a better world. The G.C.P.D and U.S Marine troops on ground had also suffered a few casualties and the survivors now began plans for evacuation; to ensure medical attention wasn't given to those he injured, Xenos sent his blue men to set and detonate bombs in major hospitals and supply stores, including two children's hospitals. The terrorist himself did not stop when a few of his men had died due to counter attacks from military and police personnel, instead, he caused the possession of more influencial men and women around the city and ensured that they murdered all those they came in contact in unexplainable rage. Xenos was feeling incredible. He no longer planned as strictly as he used to and found randomness to be his new weapon; he had begun to cripple the city from within and was ecstatic to share the same "gift" with the rest of the world. Larson knew Batman was on his way and he waited patiently, and although he was still very much concerned about Aphrodite's health, he was sure the others had taken good care of her, and that was one sole thing he could be grateful for.

Unknown to the good-doers of the city, he had learned the location of a few of their extraction points and had sent a few members of his team to lay low and wait for his signal. Additionally, Xenos had taken time out of his busy schedule of destruction to pay Arkham Asylum a visit; in the midst of the chaos in the city, some of villains had escaped. Unfortunately, they didn't escape Xenos' watchful eye; villains like Joker, Two-face, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Riddler, Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy had been quickly and brutally murdered. They were Xenos' definition of ultimate filth and he personally saw to it that they met horrible ends as the hatred in his heart grew; the asylum itself had come under attack from him when he blew it up, killing all that resided it it. Blackgate was next but before that, he would recruit some thugs to replenish those he had lost in the heat of war. The increased military and police presence didn't phase him for they were just a growing collection of pretentious corpses.

Gotham was falling, just as he dreamed, and he was ready to extend his gift to the rest of the world.

_____________________________________________________________

ARRIVAL

"We're here!" Nightwing announced as they drove into destroyed and deserted territory that used to be filled with life.

"F**k!" Se'ir and Ares exclaimed as they took in their surroundings. The rest of them were equally stunned, all aside Batman and Superman who were more experienced with equal or greater amounts of damage. Batman especially was up to date of the destruction of the infrastructure of the city, including the asylum, and the casualties that came with it.

The city had done well with evacuating the people in highly populated areas of the city; Batman had just gotten off the communicator with Commissioner Gordon and had learned the locations of their extraction points. He also knew Xenos was smart enough to deduce that for himself but he would not allow him to cause more harm especially since his tracker had been suddenly removed.They were at their current location to ensure everyone in the area was out and to examine the extent of the damage; their next route was to those points to provide more security and to speed up the process while they stayed behind to deal with the threat.

"All clear!" Kathy annouced as they met back up at their arrival point.

"We need to move out to the next location." Batman said as they all began to get back to their respective modes of transportation. The journey to downtown Gotham was rough and bumpy but they quickly made their way there without complaints.

____________________________________________________

Sadly, their examination of the destruction in the heart of the city didn't go unnoticed as Xenos himself loomed silently behind a destroyed building, watching as the detective and his entourage roamed the area and planned. He admitted to himself that he was surprised to see the man of steel amongst them and also to see the elementals in better condition, however, he would just have to work harder to bring them all down in one move and since Aphrodite was not with them, he knew they didn't have excessive advantages. As they left, he signaled for his men at the extraction points to stealthily close in on the locations and await further instruction. He would meet up with them immediately. It was going to be one hell of a party.

___________________________________________________

TheDarkKnight123