Chapter 9

The first time around, Lisa makes her wait.

Patience isn’t Roseanne’s strongest virtue, this she knows too well – and she feels herself shiver as Lisa murmurs, “It takes as long as it takes” into the inside of her thigh.

Shit. Roseanne swallows hard, trying not to pull at Lisa’s hair, ticklish now on her stomach. All I ever wanted was to take her clothes off, Roseanne thinks dimly, wondering how on earth she could have managed to bungle that attempt, after everything.

Not that she’s complaining either.

It’s just that – right here, right now, Roseanne’s naked in her own bed and Lisa still has most, if not all, of her clothes on and maybe this isn’t what she’s expecting at all.

Lis.”

There’s a low rumble that starts from Lisa’s chest, and Roseanne’s shivers turn into full-body shudders. “What?” asks Lisa, voice sweet, like she just hasn’t been tracing wet, warm lines up and down Roseanne’s thigh with her tongue. For what feels like hours.

Eventually, Roseanne manages a soft, “Please.” And while Roseanne’s usually polite, more often than not, she’s not this polite – and Lisa knows as much, reveling in Roseanne’s apparent torture.

“Please what?

Roseanne lifts her head, if only to catch Lisa’s eye. “Damn it, Lisa,” she says through clenched jaws. “You’re way too dressed for this.”

“Hm?” Lisa lifts a brow before excruciatingly pulling away from Roseanne, a smile playing on her lips. “Oh. This?” Lisa lifts her shirt slightly, revealing the strip of skin just above the waistband of her pants, and Roseanne lets her head drop back down to the bed with a groan. “Sorry,” she hears Lisa continue, and damn just like that her lips are back on Roseanne’s skin. “I’m thinking of keeping it on – I’m feeling a bit cold.”

This fucker. “I’m feeling a bit naked,” says Roseanne.

“But not cold.” Lisa grins wider, skimming her hands over Roseanne’s thighs, before shifting to hover just above her and meeting her gaze. “I mean. You’re very warm.”

Roseanne takes a moment, losing herself in Lisa’s eyes. God damn it, girl.  “Shut up and kiss me, Manoban.”

“Isn’t that what I’ve been doing all this time?”

Roseanne rolls her eyes, grinding up against Lisa’s thigh; the move hikes Lisa’s shorts higher. Fine, wanna play? Roseanne arches her brow, enjoying the small gasp that falls from Lisa’s parted lips as she inches closer to Roseanne’s face, and just like that, she knows exactly just how much of a mess she’s making.

Roseanne.

Something about that distinct break in Lisa’s tone snaps something in Roseanne; instead, she finds herself surging upward, crossing the gap and meeting Lisa’s lips, hands threaded behind Lisa’s head as she pulls her closer. Fuck this, she thinks, hyperaware of the way the fabric of Lisa’s shirt drags against her skin, and clawing at Lisa’s covered back.